Missing planes

tonyh29

The pilot being investigated had nothing to do with this but he's being turned into some sort of scapegoat

His friend is claiming he's a caring and very professional man and if you check his facebook page when the boston bombing happened he condemned the attack and offered his condolences

I noticed the media picked up his anti government message from facebook but completely ignored this

No suicide notes left either i just cannot see this being a case of suicide

Edited by AshVilla

Interesting idea here about how the plane could fly undetected.

it's how Clint Eastwood got the Firefox home so it's possible  :)

I don't' know enough about the workings of radar to know if that's plausible or not ..how close would he have to fly to the other plane to only appear as one object ?

thing I cant understand is if they got this "Ping" 7 hours later , why they heck can't they trace the ping  ?

Edited by tonyh29

it's how Client Eastwood got the Firefox home so it's possible  :)

I don't' know enough about the workings of radar to know if that's plausible or not ..how close would he have to fly to the other plane to only appear as one object ?

thing I cant understand is if they got this "Ping" 7 hours later , why they heck can't they trace the ping  ?

Me too. If only we had a poster who knows about aircraft engineering and stuff.

I think we all know the answer to this mystery: snakes.

Pfft! Don't be so ridiculous. How would snakes get on the plane, really? It's much more likely to be have been a gremlin on the wing. gremlin_3.png

your getting gremlins mixed up with bungle from rainbow

Yahoo changed their headline to say it had been found  ..at the bottom of the Ocean

now seems to have gone from their page and not seeing it reported anywhere else  so presumably it's still missing

it's how Client Eastwood got the Firefox home so it's possible :)

thing I cant understand is if they got this "Ping" 7 hours later , why they heck can't they trace the ping ?

Me too. If only we had a poster who knows about aircraft engineering and stuff.

The only information you can get from the ping is time and thus distance from the satellite (this is essentially how GPS, Galileo, glonass, etc. work). If you have three satellites pinged, you get a very good location fix (there's only one point, allowing for an epsilon due to clock imprecision that could fit the specified distances). If you have two, you'll get a worse fix (the two spheres will intersect along an ellipse through space, if you can visualize this... If you know the object is on the ground, you can reduce this to potentially one or two points to within an epsilon). If you've only got one satellite, though, you could be anywhere along a sphere in space; if you know it's on the ground, you get something more or less like a circle centered on the satellite's ground position.

There's only one Inmarsat bird over that part of the world, because there isn't much cross-IO air traffic. The arcs don't join up because in the area between them, the pings would be received by another Inmarsat bird over the Pacific.

• Like 4

That's been my bet since Friday. Points against terrorism and towards piracy by the pilot for some kind of valuable cargo or state action.

I don't think an inexperienced pilot could follow another plane closely enough to evade radar. I'd expect a state actor to be able to get into the electronics bay of a 777 (it's not difficult if you have bottled oxygen) and disable the satellite communications.

Â