Missing planes

tonyh29

You'd have thought this "ping data" would be available at the press of a button. Why is it going to take "days" to get this data ? Very odd

Its military, they have to redact all the pings they don't want us know about :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Have become slightly obsessed with reading various forums about this. It's completely mad and about to become one of those things people don't forget if it has been hijacked.

From reading some forums it seems that by going up to 45000 feet it would have been possible to starve passengers of oxygen, thus stopping them using their phones when they realise something was wrong.

Seems that the currently two theories are plane being stolen for the cargo or just the plane itself with it in either Somali (pirates change tact) or even worse...some speculating it has reached Iran.

Its military, they have to redact all the pings they don't want us know about :mrgreen:

It's difficult to imagine it not being on someone's screen somewhere. Airliners have enormous radar signatures.

I would think a lot comes down on how the navies and military in the region log radar contacts, and whether they're prepared to admit they're watching when maybe they shouldn't be - this goes for military satellites too.

Seems that the currently two theories are plane being stolen for the cargo or just the plane itself with it in either Somali (pirates change tact) or even worse...some speculating it has reached Iran.

Iran / China on good terms though, can't see it being Iran

Not sure I believe the 45,000 ft angle. This is a commercial plane not the space shuttle

Get up there, cut the oxygen in the back to bump off those in the back and then down to 27000 feet to be below the radar apparently. It's chilling.

Whoever has done it, and I think we are going to find out fairly shortly, had done a hell of a lot of planning.

This isn't terrorism as we know it - someone would have claimed responsibility by now. Crowed about what they've done. This is different - it seems at ever step of the way they've tried to hide everything, which I guess is pointing at pirates.

Iran / China on good terms though, can't see it being Iran

Yes - that is one hope as if is was Iran then....yikes.

I guess the third option is it's gone north, into one of the regions of China currently looking to be independent. But again that points to terrorism more than pirates doesn't it?

It's utterly fascinating. And grim.

If I was going to hijack a plane to ransom, it would be Swiss or similar.

I wouldn't piss about with the Chinese: they're just mental, have plenty of manpower to put on the ground and aren't likely to thinking about international conventions when they come to find you.

Im flying to asia easter, and absolutely bricking the flight now.

Why?  Even if MH370 was hijacked you are still far more likely to die in a car crash on your way to the airport than you are on the plane. 

Â