Missing planes

tonyh29

Aren't pilots usually limited to the type of plane that they can fly? - I think I am right in saying that if you typically fly a A380 for example you are not "qualified" for a B777?

My bro in law holds his pilots license and has various flight simulator software packages, his excuse is that it gets him used to the basics of other planes he does not typically use

• Like 2

This is just too odd.

Can you really turn off a few boxes on an airliner, effectively disappear and fly about? All without anyone raising an eyebrow, let alone scrambling an interceptor.

That's the bit I can't figure ... A plane suddenly went dark and nobody scrambled the jets

It even seems to have been tracked by military radar , presumably as an "unknown " and still nobody went to take a look at it ...

Common Theory in the bar just was North Korea - I did want to jump in and say No but the guy saying it the loudest was 6'8" so I just nodded ........

I did consider them but not on a plane full of Chinese people ... DPRK are toast without the Chinese support
  • Like 2

This is just too odd.

Can you really turn off a few boxes on an airliner, effectively disappear and fly about? All without anyone raising an eyebrow, let alone scrambling an interceptor.

That's the bit I can't figure ... A plane suddenly went dark and nobody scrambled the jets

It even seems to have been tracked by military radar , presumably as an "unknown " and still nobody went to take a look at it ...

Common Theory in the bar just was North Korea - I did want to jump in and say No but the guy saying it the loudest was 6'8" so I just nodded ........

I did consider them but not on a plane full of Chinese people ... DPRK are toast without the Chinese support

So not a good Korea choice then? ...........................

• Like 1

Aren't pilots usually limited to the type of plane that they can fly? - I think I am right in saying that if you typically fly a A380 for example you are not "qualified" for a B777?

My bro in law holds his pilots license and has various flight simulator software packages, his excuse is that it gets him used to the basics of other planes he does not typically use

Pilots are 'type rated' and their licences are endorsed as such. In order to fly a new type they will need to undergo conversion training, both live and in the simulator. All pilots undertake regular simulator training as part of keeping up their type ratings.

This is just too odd.

How come you get to drink with 8pints and we don't?

I have a few Emirates and Etihad pilots as clients of mine. Some fly Airbus A330 / 340 and they need training (which for Etihad means training with Air France) to be licenced to fly A380 - which, unlike Emirates, they don't have yet but have ordered.

The Airbus planes are joystick controlled too, whereas the Boeing's still have the 'wheel'. I would think it not too out of the ordinary for a pilot to have some sort of simulator package at home if he has an interest in flying different types of craft.

Edited by StanBalaban

Actually , Jenny has a point, if you're a qualified , experienced pilot , why go home and get on a flight simulator ? That would be like an accountant going home from work and playing on a scientific calculator all night.

Odd

Look, I like calculators alright? Its not that weird!
  • Like 2

Â