Missing planes

tonyh29

Easyjet changing procedure so there are two people in cockpit at all times.

In time for tomorrow? I am flying with them!. Not that I will feel particularly safer if it was. 

Dunno. I presume it'll be cabin crew sitting in there while the other pilot takes a dump.

So was the co-pilot a christian extremist?

You're using the tragic death of hundreds, including children and infants, to make a point about your feeling of victimhood?That's actually made me a little angry. Disgusting. Do you have no sense of decorum? Or is your apparent victimhood more important right now?
No he's not.He's making a point about the way the media covers stories differently ( I think).I'll be honest here, when they said "the co-pilot deliberately crashed it" I immediately thought "I hope it's not another Muslim crazy thing". Which probably makes me a bad person. Or maybe it means the endless stream of anything and everything bad being immediately tagged as "potentially suspected Muslim extremist/brainwashed" before any evidence exists has made me think like that.It's not about apparent victimhood - the victims are sadly spread over a mountain, or the families and friends left behind. It's about the way that religionists are responsible for all kinds of horrors, and that fears of Muslims are being stoked up without consideration for facts, as a result.When it's non-muslims, religion doesn't get mentioned.

The point is the same.

I take issue that the first response by the poster is 'see, not all tragedies life this are done by my people, so stop saying it'. I see that as lacking class, and projecting perceived victimhood ahead of the tragedy faced here.

There may be a valid discussion to be had there, but in the immediate aftermath? Your first port of call is to make a blunt and somewhat aggressively/sarcastically made point?

I should add that this is against a background of similar comments in previous discussions in recent months, as well.

• Like 3

Yes, but. How many known instances of suicide bombings and similar atrocities have there been in the name of Islam? It's happening virtually every day. How many similar acts have taken place explicitly in the name of Christianity? There is no comparison.

I dunno MJ, Christianity has had its moments over the course of history. They (religions) are all as bad as each other.

So many millions of lives have been lost in the name of fictional characters and made up mumbo jumbo - it's the single biggest failing of the human race. If properly intelligent life ever does visit this planet, I don't think they'd be able to get their heads around it.

• Like 2

You're using the tragic death of hundreds, including children and infants, to make a point about your feeling of victimhood?

That's actually made me a little angry. Disgusting. Do you have no sense of decorum? Or is your apparent victimhood more important right now?

No he's not.

He's making a point about the way the media covers stories differently ( I think).

I'll be honest here, when they said "the co-pilot deliberately crashed it" I immediately thought "I hope it's not another Muslim crazy thing". Which probably makes me a bad person. Or maybe it means the endless stream of anything and everything bad being immediately tagged as "potentially suspected Muslim extremist/brainwashed" before any evidence exists has made me think like that.

It's not about apparent victimhood - the victims are sadly spread over a mountain, or the families and friends left behind. It's about the way that religionists are responsible for all kinds of horrors, and that fears of Muslims are being stoked up without consideration for facts, as a result.

When it's non-muslims, religion doesn't get mentioned.

If it was revealed to have been done in the name of religion then I'm sure it would.

• Like 2

You're using the tragic death of hundreds, including children and infants, to make a point about your feeling of victimhood?That's actually made me a little angry. Disgusting. Do you have no sense of decorum? Or is your apparent victimhood more important right now?
No he's not.He's making a point about the way the media covers stories differently ( I think).I'll be honest here, when they said "the co-pilot deliberately crashed it" I immediately thought "I hope it's not another Muslim crazy thing". Which probably makes me a bad person. Or maybe it means the endless stream of anything and everything bad being immediately tagged as "potentially suspected Muslim extremist/brainwashed" before any evidence exists has made me think like that.It's not about apparent victimhood - the victims are sadly spread over a mountain, or the families and friends left behind. It's about the way that religionists are responsible for all kinds of horrors, and that fears of Muslims are being stoked up without consideration for facts, as a result.When it's non-muslims, religion doesn't get mentioned.
The point is the same.

I take issue that the first response by the poster is 'see, not all tragedies life this are done by my people, so stop saying it'. I see that as lacking class, and projecting perceived victimhood ahead of the tragedy faced here.

There may be a valid discussion to be had there, but in the immediate aftermath? Your first port of call is to make a blunt and somewhat aggressively/sarcastically made point?

I should add that this is against a background of similar comments in previous discussions in recent months, as well.

Im not using the deaths of those people at all.

They tragically died, now the media is talking about the investigation into why, my point was about the media bias and the co-pilots religion not being mentioned.

This is a forum and this discussion is about the plane crash and anything related to it so im free to post my opinions.

• Like 1

The point is the same.

Im not using the deaths of those people at all.

They tragically died, now the media is talking about the investigation into why, my point was about the media bias and the co-pilots religion not being mentioned.

This is a forum and this discussion is about the plane crash and anything related to it so im free to post my opinions.

Most Germans are religiously apathetic, so until stated otherwise, that is the default view of him. A generalisation itself.

• Like 1

When it's non-muslims, religion doesn't get mentioned.

If it was revealed to have been done in the name of religion then I'm sure it would.

So am I if and only if it is established that the religious aspect was a cause/factor. With muslims, it's mentioned as a matter of course. But I accept I didn't word my post very well, but anyway.

Making a point on a football message board after an air crash in Germany, a message board that'll never be read by anyone associated, and even if it was, the point made was not offensive, or insensitive IMO.

The media often mentions the religion (or suspected religion) if it's muslim. it rarely mentions it in any other instances, these days. It's not truly even handed in that regard and YGs point was IMO a fair one.

• Like 2

Â