Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

So who would forgo half the transfer budget to sign Lescott, Barry and Scott Sinclair on free transfers?

Maybe but would depend on if we could handle the wages, thing is Sinclair would be an nzogbia mk2.... I'd love Holtby tho!!!!

Wonder how much Spuds would want for Holtby? They got him for naff all didn't they?

They signed him for around £1m if i remember because he only had 6 months left on his contract. They had agreed a deal for him in the summer but then paid the extra million to get his services in January. 

Wonder how much Spuds would want for Holtby? They got him for naff all didn't they?

Yes under £2m but this is Spurs and more importantly Daniel Levy we are talking about. 

daniel-levy_1016151c.jpg

New manager, RB, LB, 2xCM, R-Winger/wide forward, L-Winger/wide forward

And of course a new owner to bankroll all this... 

Edited by sne

Hope PL sticks to his guns and buys young & hungry players except for this time spends his £20m on about 3 players instead of 7 or 8. I don't think throwing money at players passed their prime is a good strategy for us.

• Like 1

It'd be nice to get Barry and maybe Hoolahan in on frees...after that we really need to utilize the loan market in a similar vein to Everton this past season...really the only way we have a chance in this weird transitional period.

LB CB and a quality CM please

2 CM for me.  Already got Okore coming back alongside Vlaar/Baker/Clark; no pressing need to bring in another CB.

I think another CB is needed

Clark and Baker are not good enough even as backup as soon as Vlaar picks up his usual annual injury around christmas time we will drop points because one of the chucklebrothers will be back in the side

We still do not know if Okore will be able to put together a long run of games either after such a serious injury

Edited by AshVilla

So when is Wes Hoolahan signing?

To be honest, he'd be an improvement and another option if we haven't got much to spend. Doubt he'd cost much now, unless they're still being little girls about everything.