Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Good back up but not a first team player. I'd rather get someone younger who we can build a team around for 3-4 years...

and who we can sell on for loadsa money.

I think we all would, but if he cost say <£2m, it wouldn't be bad business. Holtby, M'Bia, Hoolahan and Cresswell.

Can't see too many players wanting to sign for us at the monent. Here's a scenario.

Lambert takes a player into his office after fees have been agreed. Player: So what are the plans here for the near future Paul? Lambert: TBH I don't know , there is a good chance I won't be here next month. I cant tell you what the club plan is either as we don't know who will be in charge of the club next month either. Player: Okkaaaay . There is another club that may be interested, my agent will give you a call with my decision soon. Player to agent: Get me the f**k out of here sharpish.

• Like 1

Good back up but not a first team player. I'd rather get someone younger who we can build a team around for 3-4 years...

I think we all would, but if he cost say <£2m, it wouldn't be bad business. Holtby, M'Bia, Hoolahan and Cresswell.

Sadly, I think quite a few teams will be in for holtby, it's a shame we couldn't get him in January, I think he is superb

Sadly, I think quite a few teams will be in for holtby, it's a shame we couldn't get him in January, I think he is superb

To be honest it wouldn't shock me if whatever new manager they bring in wants to give him a chance. In fact, they'd be daft if they don't.

Edited by samjp26

Paul Lambert is ready to launch an ambitious move for Joleon Lescott but Marc Albrighton will become the first departure of an uncertain summer at Aston Villa.

Lambert has met chairman Randy Lerner in New York for talks and been assured funds will be made available this summer, even though the club is up for sale.

Lescott will be targeted after his release from Manchester City and Lambert is hoping for the green light to offer the England international over £55,000-a-week in wages.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10842231/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-set-to-make-move-for-Manchester-City-defender-Joleon-Lescott.html

We've spent the last few years trying to get rid of overpaid, ageing players and Lambert wants to saddle us with new ones?

Another indicator (if needed) that he has no clue what he is doing. I hope Lerner vetoes any such move.

• Like 1

We've spent the last few years trying to get rid of overpaid, ageing players and Lambert wants to saddle us with new ones?

Another indicator (if needed) that he has no clue what he is doing. I hope Lerner vetoes any such move.

Lambert would of told Lerner who he wants and most likely Lerner has sanctioned the moves

Lescott = Ireland and Given , particlularly the latter.We will end up giving him a 4 year deal and getting one season out of him if we are lucky.

We need to copy Everton and just get in as many decent loans as we can inc looking overseas.

No fresh deals means a buyer is close IMO.

I don't think it means anything other than the club's for sale and Lerner/Faulkner don't want to extend committments to players the new owners may not want to keep in the long run.  They're still under contract so no extension is needed to keep them into next season and they've all professed a committment to Villa in the recent past and won't be expected to try to force a move.

A three year, £55k per week contract for Lescott?

Bloody hell! It's as if the MON era never happened...

This is a player they paid over 20m for. Yes it was over the top but he is a free and will give us solidity at the back for the price of about 8m over 3 years even if we brought a kid for 3m on 20k a week that's still 6m and if he turns out to be good he will want more money and if he doesn't that's a bigger waste of money. It's a no lose IMO and we need a few seasoned pros in key positions

• Like 1