Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

There's 3 hours left. Keep your violins locked up until about 10:50, then you can all have a nice cry and a pity tug over J. Law.

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 1

I think people let themselves get sucked into all the rumours. It's best to just take all the speculation with a pinch of salt on deadline day.

Yep we still might pull something out the bag.  It's looking less and less likely though.

Ryan Flynn aged 25 is the latest name doing the rounds on twatter

Midfielder for Sheffield Utd.. £1.5mil has been suggested

FFS no

Thought we were past signing all the frigging lower league tryhards

We are, we are trying to sign Cleverley, but apparently he is the worst player of all time ^_^

THIS TRANSFER WINDOW:

Has it really been that bad?

Compared to the last few? No. Compared to most other teams spending the increased tv money? Yes.

We will be one of the lowest spending teams in the league if we sign no one else this year.

If clubs want to spend £12m on Long £8m on Livermore, £10m on Forster then good luck to them.

Well it's helped most clubs finish above us the last few years.

I don't think it is sustainable though.

Neither is spending peanuts and fighting relegation every year.

At least were solvent again you can build off this everyone has been saying it for years but this. Can't go on.

I've been watching SSN all day and the amount if times they have mentioned the squad places available and FFP would have made a decent drinking game as it has been taking some effect with clubs having to balance a bit that is only going to become more of a recurring theme

I think people let themselves get sucked into all the rumours. It's best to just take all the speculation with a pinch of salt on deadline day.

That's not the issue for me to be honest. There's an obvious gap in the squad that needs filling, and has done for years. We've also spent 7m this summer, which is rubbish really. Rumours or no rumours, we still need an attacking midfielder, we're still spending very little money.

However, I'm glad we've purchased Sanchez as we were desperate for a defensive midfielder too.

Edited by PieFacE

THIS TRANSFER WINDOW:

Compared to the last few? No. Compared to most other teams spending the increased tv money? Yes.

We will be one of the lowest spending teams in the league if we sign no one else this year.

If clubs want to spend £12m on Long £8m on Livermore, £10m on Forster then good luck to them.

At least were solvent again you can build off this everyone has been saying it for years but this. Can't go on.

I've been watching SSN all day and the amount if times they have mentioned the squad places available and FFP would have made a decent drinking game as it has been taking some effect with clubs having to balance a bit that is only going to become more of a recurring theme

Aren't United having to comply with this?!

I have no idea what Ryan Flynn is like but Westwood basically came from League 2 and he did alright.

Using that argument you could say all league 2 players could be good in the premiership.  That's not the case though and that's why all other lower league signings failed.

THIS TRANSFER WINDOW:

Aren't United having to comply with this?!

Yes which they are easily doing

I have no idea what Ryan Flynn is like but Westwood basically came from League 2 and he did alright.

Using that argument you could say all league 2 players could be good in the premiership. That's not the case though and that's why all other lower league signings failed.

To be fair Westwood came from League one. League 2 was J-Bowz territory