Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

If we have £8mil I would go to Norwich and offer £8mil for Redmond and Bassong, send Clark on loan for a season the other way to sweeten it and get him off the books. Would be very pleased if that happened

..but both those players are shite.

If we have £8mil I would go to Norwich and offer £8mil for Redmond and Bassong, send Clark on loan for a season the other way to sweeten it and get him off the books. Would be very pleased if that happened

Redmond isnt, in fact hes rated very highly and had a good season last season

• Like 1

I know its Talksport but thought I might pass it on...

Pretty sure they just said Valencia has been linked with Villa.

Although i'm also pretty sure he said "2 Vs linked with Villa, Cleverley and Valencia" which sort of sums up Talksport.

Cleverly has been linked with Valencia I think

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has made an £8m bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley, 25. (Daily Telegraph) (external)

But Lambert may have competition from La Liga side Valencia, who have made their own offer for Cleverley. (Sky Sports) (external)

Redmond isnt, in fact hes rated very highly and had a good season last season

1 goal from a very advanced position all season and not many assists suggest that is not the case,

Cleverly has been linked with Valencia I think

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has made an £8m bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley, 25. (Daily Telegraph) (external)

But Lambert may have competition from La Liga side Valencia, who have made their own offer for Cleverley. (Sky Sports) (external)

That would make more sense!

If Lambert can get Cleverley AND a new winger/wide forward, I'll be extremely pleased. If we just bring in Cleverley I'll be happy, but I'll be unsure of Lambert's plans regarding forwards, formations and our huge pile of midfielders!

IMO, I don't rate Cleverly but it's clear to see he does have some potential.

£8m could be better spent. I'd try buying Holtby, Dembele or even bring Ashley Young back for that much; seemingly as all three players are rumoured to be available.

Yes to Holtby and Dembele. No to Ashley. 

IMO, I don't rate Cleverly but it's clear to see he does have some potential.

£8m could be better spent. I'd try buying Holtby, Dembele or even bring Ashley Young back for that much; seemingly as all three players are rumoured to be available.

Young? I'd much rather spend £8m on Cleverley than Young.

Really? Why? It's a position we need filled, I think Young would be brilliant for Benteke and Kozak. He can play on the left, right and through the middle, and he's more productive than Cleverley. 

I mean it'll never happen, and it looks like Cleverley may actually have a chance of coming here, but I'd pick Young to play in our team over Cleverley - just my opinion though. 

Both have been decent and then bad for United, but out of the two Young has got more assists and goals. Plus Young has better skill and passing, and more of an end product in his locker. Both have been disappointing - yes - but Young has shown he has class on top form, but I don't think we've seen that from Cleverly yet....don't even know if he has that capability. He has that potential though. 

Again, it's all IMO. 

We need a player to get you up off your seat haven't had one of those since Young

I sit in the Lower Holte and there's a few players that get me out of my seat. It's usually to avoid being hit by a wayward attempt on goal.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2