Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Not in favour of signing Ronaldinho , but he would be a darn sight more effective for us than Pires was.

I imagine many of us would be queueing up to get his name on our shirts, no matter if he's past it or not!

• Like 1

Calling Ronaldinho a waste of space should be illegal. Man is a legend. If he came to any premier league club past it or not imagine the merchandise the club would sell. Seeing him in a Villa shirt would be insane.

the old pires justification would be out again... can you imagine the likes of robinson and grealish training with ronaldinho every day? how much of a buzz would they get from that, how much of a buzz would the whole place get? it'll never happen, im sure there's someone somewhere who will pay him something silly but i dont think he should be written off as simply as "nah he's shit" he would be a massive signing for us, easily our biggest signing ever in terms of what he'd do for the club off the field

• Like 3

I'm not advocating signing ronaldinho but just think how much Grealish, Robinson & co would learn from just 6 months of seeing him at close quarters. Sure he is slow but then so is Pirlo. I already have both home and away kits with names in the back but I'd get then both again with his name on them. If it's true he was on 25k make it happen pay as you play with bonuses.

Last 2 years?...........bloody hell, i wouldn't mind 5 mins of that down VP, wonderful skill.

How was he not in the Brazil set up?

Imagine him with Benteke on the end of some of those passes.He wouldget me going down VP next sason, i know that.

• Like 1

Whilst I don't think our transfer activity this summer has been mind blowing, I look around at what other teams are doing and am glad we are being quite shrewd. West Ham have just spent £12m on a guy who had three good games at the World Cup. Leicester have blown £8m on a decent Championship striker. I'd rather not have money to spend and have to get frees/bargain buys than have loads of money to splurge on mediocrity

Where'd these Ronaldinho comments surfaced from? Quite possibly the most skilful player of all time, definitely since I've been watching football since the late 80s.

I'm sorry but how the hell are people slating Ronaldinho? RONALDINHO?! RONALF**KINGDINHO!?!?!?!?!

4 minutes into that video and he's done more than all our midfield put together, cheers for posting Arte.

I'd take him at Villa in a heartbeat, yeah he's not the player he once was but good god would he be amazing....though we did just sign Joe Cole ...Cole..dinho...Cole...dinho....flip a coin? Nope!!!! Cole...pack your bags.

Also he's been great in Brazil, was a slight surprise he didn't get a shout for the squad but I guess when you have Hulk you don't need someone who can pass, shoot and dribble like everyone else is 5 years old ;)

Damn the MLS, players used to play out their career in the lower echelon of the Prem.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

No doubting his skill but I don't consider Ronaldinho a great. He was world-class for like four seasons maximum and then completely declined. Fat Ronaldo ranks a lot higher in my estimation.