Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'd be genuinely shocked if we were to resign Young. I could see QPR going in for him, more than likely offering much better wages than us & being in London.

But if we were to land him & Ki I'd be delighted with those two.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Didn't break the Remy news though. Young and ki to conclude pur transfers will be ok considering

Considering?

Young and Ki sign for us this would change everything, no 'considering' about it.

considering our financial position....... Lambert if he can bring them two in.. it would be great business. Curious to see what hed do with 30-50 million. 5-6 Benteke quality players?

Edited by KSV

Didn't break the Remy news though. Young and ki to conclude pur transfers will be ok considering

Considering?

Young and Ki sign for us this would change everything, no 'considering' about it.

considering our financial position....... Lambert if he can bring them two in.. it would be great business. Curious to see what hed do with 30-50 million. 5-6 Benteke quality players?

But did Lambert actually find Benteke, etc., or was it scouted for him. If so, do we still have that person.

I could only see us getting Young in on loan. If money is as tight as is being reported then why spend most of it on player who will fill a position where we are well covered?

I know Young is a winger but if he were to sign for us I'd imagine he would play as part of a three man attack. We already have Weimann, Agbonlahor, N'zogbia and Cole plus Robinson and Grealish who can play that position.

Edited by useless

I could only see us getting Young in on loan. If money is as tight as is being reported then why spend most of it on player who will fill a position where we are well covered?

I know Young is a winger but if he were to sign for us I'd imagine he would play as part of a three man attack. We already have Weimann, Agbonlahor, N'zogbia and Cole plus Robinson and Grealish who can play that position.

Quality > Quantity... Weimann needs to be through the middle to be at all effetive. Gabby just isn't at the races anymore sadly.

It's just that if we are going to spend six million or whatever it is I'd have thought it would be better spent on a postion that is in more desperate need of quality than say the position that Young will fill. Would be nice if we could just sign players because they're better than what we already have.

If Ki and Young did sign for fees I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from wondering if someone else was maybe financing the deals.

• Like 1

Don't forget the club breaks even spending around 20m so it doesn't have to mean a new owner is paying

So we can spend around 30M without breaking FFP? Out of interest, all those clubs that got fined for breaking the rules. Did they slightly go over or blow the rules out the water?

What about this guy-DeAndre YEDLIN had a good World cup. Can't be expensive.

He'll be expensive. He's got several big teams in Europe after him and the Sounders have no desire to sell. He will cost stupid money. And he's not ready for Premier League yet anyway. Couple years he'll be there. Great kid, great attitude, excellent going forward and a little dodgy defending like most good attacking fullbacks. But he needs a few more years development.

Van Gaal won't want to loan Young out, he's going to want him off the team entirely. They'd only loan out players that they'd want back at some point. Young is up in age and hasn't done much for them over the years. Surplus goods, IMO.

Don't forget the club breaks even spending around 20m so it doesn't have to mean a new owner is paying

So we can spend around 30M without breaking FFP? Out of interest, all those clubs that got fined for breaking the rules. Did they slightly go over or blow the rules out the water?

Uefa rules are a loss of 37m over 3 seasons you would need to deduct the losses we have made in previous years from 37m the factor around 20m spending that could be made available if FFP didn't exist because that is what we could spend so if we had lost 37m exactly over previous seasons it would be 20m if 27 it would be 30 if the owner wanted to chip his own money in which he won't equally if it were 47m we would have 10m. Got it?