Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

The sun reporting lambert letting 8 players leave to finance new signings we really are a sack of shit

In what way does that make us a sack of shit? Who are the 8 players?
Selling to buy again that is shite penny pinching all the time we are a total car crash
Isn't that just common sense after what we've been through the last few years? Somebody complained yesterday about us signing more dud players for the new owners to have to move on.

Dammed if they do, etc etc.

Disclaimer - generally I am not pleased with where we are as a club.

Spot on mate

• Like 1

The sun reporting lambert letting 8 players leave to finance new signings we really are a sack of shit

In what way does that make us a sack of shit? Who are the 8 players?
Selling to buy again that is shite penny pinching all the time we are a total car crash
Isn't that just common sense after what we've been through the last few years? Somebody complained yesterday about us signing more dud players for the new owners to have to move on.

Dammed if they do, etc etc.

Disclaimer - generally I am not pleased with where we are as a club.

I think that was me and it wasn't a complaint. I acknowledged that we needed to bring players in but expressed a concern that we were just creating problems for whoever comes in next.

So what should Lambert be doing planning for the NEXT manager? One of the reason we got into this mess was MON buying and not using players and keeping them around draining the club. We seem to have a wage limit in place and it's only right that it's kept to. If we shifted those players it'd create a big chunk of wages to be able to use on players who may actually play and better the team.

Lambert can't do anything really now. He's in a difficult situation and my concern was more with the owner than the manager. Lambert needs to do what ever he can to keep us in the league.

Some seem to express sympathy towards Lerner with this dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

IMO it's his poor decision making and failure to sell the club that's resulted in this. So yes maybe he is dammed either way but he's the man who lead us to the current shambolic state we find ourselves in.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Letting them leave or trying to flog them off to anyone stupid enough to take them? A lot of the players he's trying to move on would be on too high wages for the championship clubs that would be interested so we'll end up stuck with them.

Someone on twitter saying we have bid £6.5m for Ki.   The guy is Harj Johal (@harj04).  Just a standard Villa fan on Twitter so not sure where he has got his info from but he doesn't usually spout ITK nonsense so he must've heard something.

Telegraph is stating Alan Hutton, Joe Bennett and Antonio Luna among players up for sale.  Although in the same article it talks about Helenius being the first to depart and he's only gone out on loan, so think this is again someone trying to make up something out of nothing to fill the pages.... 

He bought cheap players on low wages - they didn't work out (Helenius, Luna, Tonev, Sylla for a start) and therefore they won't cost a Champioship club a lot - Fulham are a Champ club and just spent £11m on another Championship player. - Remember there are still clowns out there managing clubs.

Edited by Denis_B

Yeah no way that's true about Ki. If we had 6.5 million to spend on one player, I'd think we'd look to sign someone abroad for better value. 

But hey, because some guy on twitter who has never made up any rumours before said it is happening, I look forward to seeing Ki ITSOTP. ;)

• Like 1

But sure all the players we have are complete shit apparently, so surely letting 8 of them leave won't weaken us?

The Dutch system could be the way forward also we have players that can play all those roles

proxy.jpg?t=HBgjaHR0cDovL3NoYXJlbXl0YWN0

That team looks vaguely okay. We might even come about 13th with that so that is progress.

We'd get completely over run with that system. Not that I enjoy negative tactics but that midfield has nothing to protect the 3 centre halfs at all.

If we do not buy a DM I personally would (but lambert won't) Play Clarke in a holding role in a 532. Should the Wing backs get caught up field you at the very least can quickly shuffle to crate a back 4 or stay as a DM with the 3 behind.

Then you I would go with Delph & Bacuna because of their energy levels. One could make a run while the other patrols the space between the box & DM.

Up top it'll be who partners Gabby, you could go with AW or JC. Letting Cole drop off.

I think we'd be a much better defensive unit & harder to breakdown.

GK Guzan

RWB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

CB Senderos

LWB Richardson

DM Clarke

CM Bacuna

CM Delph

FWRD Agbonlahor

FWRD JC OR AW

• Like 1

The Dutch system could be the way forward also we have players that can play all those roles

That team looks vaguely okay. We might even come about 13th with that so that is progress.

We'd get completely over run with that system. Not that I enjoy negative tactics but that midfield has nothing to protect the 3 centre halfs at all.

If we do not buy a DM I personally would (but lambert won't) Play Clarke in a holding role in a 532. Should the Wing backs get caught up field you at the very least can quickly shuffle to crate a back 4 or stay as a DM with the 3 behind.

Then you I would go with Delph & Bacuna because of their energy levels. One could make a run while the other patrols the space between the box & DM.

Up top it'll be who partners Gabby, you could go with AW or JC. Letting Cole drop off.

GK Guzan

RWB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

CB Senderos

LWB Richardson

DM Clarke

CM Bacuna

CM Delph

FWRD Agbonlahor

FWRD JC OR AW

Ashley Westwood forward? utterly insane

Aston-Villa-formation-tactics.png

With an actual DM on the books, we could line up as such and if needs be could switch to a defensive back four with Richardson going LM and Clark/Bacuna to fullbacks (or even Okore to RB and Bacuna RM)

I think the DM is a very important position for us to fill (again) because it will offer cover to our defence.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

GK Guzan

RWB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

CB Senderos

LWB Richardson

DM Clarke

CM Bacuna

CM Delph

FWRD Agbonlahor

FWRD JC OR AW

Ashley Westwood forward? utterly insane