Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Kwan

without vlaar we will lose - precisely why i have been saying for weeks that we needed another CB in January cos our defence is clueless without him.

Cant see us getting anything more than a draw, and more likely will lose if Carroll plays.

Must win game and i just cant see us winning it...

this one thousand times.  If Vlaar isn't I predict another crystal palace 0-1

I prefer Herd as the right CB in a back four.

With all due respect that thought fills me with dread.

I would happily see him play in a defensive midfielder role but not as a centre back please!

It is not ideal, and of course I would prefer Okore or Vlaar, but Herd is the only right footed CB we have. 

• Like 1

It's not a must win game. We need to win 4 more matches to be safe and we have plenty of chances to do that after this one.

Don't have a good feeling about this one anyway but Carroll suspended will help us.

Edited by GreatNoel

both teams will end up with possession stats of below 30%, the remaining 40% of the match the ball will be either sailing through the air or in the far flung depths of one of the stands.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

Carroll might not be suspended, http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-could-ask-high-3115923. Hopefully the FA laugh the attempted second appeal off so he is out of the game on Saturday, wasn't a red card though lol.

lol! Why doesn't that surprise me!?

No doubt he will be playing against us after all... surprising what's possible when you know the right people isn't it nudge nudge, wink wink... I hope he plays and we stuff them out of sight now. Goodness me they'll be flogging their player to Man Utd in return for 3 points to keep them up next..........DOH!

Posted in another thread that these are the games that we really need to be getting 3 points from. I've forgotten about the Everton game now. Yes, they were injury stricken, but they're still fantastic at home and not many teams will go to Everton expecting a win (of course, it was mainly very annoying that we nearly managed it). If we're looking to get safe a.s.a.p so we can press on and aim for a decent finish, then we need to be beating teams like this and give our home fans something to shout about. I'm a tad worried that we'll start Holt, which would be understandable since we'll be needing to battle the physical side of the game, but I think that if Gabby is back then we need to be attacking them with pace. If we sit back then we'll only invite a late goal against us and make the atmosphere tense. There's not a team in the league that likes being hit with pace so we need to just go at them.