Rogues Gallery

LancsVillan

4932_231707955200_4943493_n.jpg?oh=8b994

come across this the other day on fb, its from 1994 and the last class at primary school before starting high school. in the photo among the boys you have five villa fans, three man utd, three wolves,two leeds and three liverpool fans. happy days.

Of course if that were today it would be comprised of five Chelsea fans, three Barcelona, three Man Utd, two Bayern Munich and a Villa fan.   Sad times.  -_-

• Like 1

I'm a teacher in North London. In my form group there are more Man City fans than Arsenal or Spurs and they all have the back story sewn up.

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

"My Grandad was from Manchester and supports Man City so I do too."

Or...

"I was born in Manchester and lived there until I was five so that's why I ended up supporting City".

• Like 1

I'm a teacher in North London. In my form group there are more Man City fans than Arsenal or Spurs and they all have the back story sewn up.

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

Or...

"I was born in Manchester and lived there until I was five so that's why I ended up supporting City".

My favourite exchange with an arsenal boy, aged about 14.

Boy spots villa shirt in the middle of Islington.

"Mate, villa are shit"

"I know that, I have to watch them every week."

"Why don't you support someone good, like arsenal"

"Because I'm from Birmingham, not here."

"So?"

"Where are you from?"

"Mildmay Park, born and bred"

"Why don't you support Chelsea?"

"Cos I'm arsenal mate, it's round the corner you numpty"

"Cool. I'm going to go home and you think about this conversation again"

He didn't, he swore at me as I wandered off laughing

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

Or...

My favourite exchange with an arsenal boy, aged about 14.

Boy spots villa shirt in the middle of Islington.

"Mate, villa are shit"

"I know that, I have to watch them every week."

"Why don't you support someone good, like arsenal"

"Because I'm from Birmingham, not here."

"So?"

"Where are you from?"

"Mildmay Park, born and bred"

"Why don't you support Chelsea?"

"Cos I'm arsenal mate, it's round the corner you numpty"

"Cool. I'm going to go home and you think about this conversation again"

He didn't, he swore at me as I wandered off laughing

Should have nutted the word removed

• Like 1

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

Or...

Hmmm. How does my family stand, then?

Me: Born & raised in Birmingham until the age of 18, but lived in Leeds since 1972. Villa fan.

My daughter: Born and raised in Leeds. Villa fan, Holte Ender since the age of eight. Should I tell her to bugger off and support Leeds?

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

Or...

Me: Born & raised in Birmingham until the age of 18, but lived in Leeds since 1972. Villa fan.

My daughter: Born and raised in Leeds. Villa fan, Holte Ender since the age of eight. Should I tell her to bugger off and support Leeds?

No. She has ended up supporting her dad's shit team. She's not doing it because they are suddenly filthy rich and winning stuff.

I'd wager some non-Mancunians who currently claim to support Man City, might provide one of the back stories I outlined, and might also be lying through their teeth.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

They sicken me.

Two classics are:

Or...

The amount of people's say their dad/grandad was from Manchester but moved out a week before Fergie got the United job or the Arabs bought City means that the population of Manchester was probably larger than New York City in 1986.  Well, that or it's a bullshit cover story just to deflect jibes of being called glory hunters.  

I know it is annoying for people who did support City before the money, one of my good friends is a Warwickshire based City fan who was there in the days of Alan Ball and Peter Swales but he gets called a glory hunting bastard most every time the conversation switches to football now.  It's still worth it to see Sergio Aguero playing for your team apparently, and you appreciate him more if you remember when John Macken was your main striker. 

• Like 2

It's one of the reasons I genuinely don't think I'd want to support a really amazing team.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like Villa to be better than we are now.

But I'd rather we had glory every now and then as opposed to every single year.

Something like Atletico would be ideal. moderate success over the years. Going through a massive high point at the moment, but probably won't be able to sustain that in the long term.

• Like 1

The number of times I had to recite my Villa history back in the early 80's.

But then I was a glory hunter from the get go apparently, too young to remember, but I was at a party in Stafford for promotion from the third division.

Yeah then when the massive high point comes it would be amazing. Man Utd fans peaked in 99, after that moment they'd always be chasing the dragon.

They had nothing left to achieve that all their fans craved was adulation from everyone else and couldn't get their heads round why everyone hates them.

Yeah then when the massive high point comes it would be amazing. Man Utd fans peaked in 99, after that moment they'd always be chasing the dragon.

Exactly.

I remember the league cup final when we lost to them under MON.

I watched it in a bar in town.

After the game we were obviously distraught, but I spotted my United supporting mate across the bar so went to say hi.

He was just not bothered.

I told him Vidic should have been off and I reckoned we'd have won it then

"Probably" he replied. "I wouldn't really have minded. it's only the league cup"

**** being like that. Seriously **** it.

• Like 3

Exactly.

I remember the league cup final when we lost to them under MON.

I watched it in a bar in town.

After the game we were obviously distraught, but I spotted my United supporting mate across the bar so went to say hi.

He was just not bothered.

I told him Vidic should have been off and I reckoned we'd have won it then

"Probably" he replied. "I wouldn't really have minded. it's only the league cup"

**** being like that. Seriously **** it.

I was in the United end for that final (the only way I could get at ticket as they didn't sell out their allocation) and their "meh" attitude to the win drove me up the wall. **** spoiled words removed the lot of them

Â