Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

This is the sort of ambitious signing we should realistically be looking to make to improve the squad, not simply bolstering it.

You have to wonder whether the lure of regular football could bring him here permanently if he enjoys his loan spell. He's made a good, solid start so let's hope that continues. 

That didn't work for us and Walker, sadly. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

I get the feeling Chelsea would love to keep him as backup, but he wants to play games. Rumours are that Chelsea will get Luke Shaw in the long term, perhaps in the summer, leaving Bertrand as backup to Shaw and Cole. 

I think the Walker situation was a bit different. 

I hope we get him an on a permanent, but I worry if he does well here, a previously linked club like Liverpool will snap him up. They seem to have problems at left back. If he keeps up the performances this season, we should pay whatever for him. £5-£10m, whatever the price be. We've been waiting for a decent left back for what seems an eternity!

Jose has said that he's behind Cole and aspi le what's his name!

Also rumours linking with Shaw, they'd be happy to sell, its just whether we can offer him decent wages. When's his contract run out? I'm sure he signed a new one after they won the champs league as he was playing regularly.

Cole will leave Chelsea this summer. 

They will have azpilicueta and will need a second option. 

If they bring in Shaw or another option they will let Bertrand leave. If not, they may have to keep him as back up. 

I have never gotten the impression that Mourinho is a fan though. DeMatteo liked him but Mourinho has never shown an interest in playing him. 

If Chelsea decide to sell we make have to beat Liverpool to sign him. The only advantage we'd have is that he's used to playing here but I think he'd still chose Liverpool if given the option.

Edited by LondonLax

I get the feeling Chelsea would love to keep him as backup, but he wants to play games. Rumours are that Chelsea will get Luke Shaw in the long term, perhaps in the summer, leaving Bertrand as backup to Shaw and Cole. 

I think the Walker situation was a bit different. 

I hope you are right.

Wait! Said I wouldn't get my hopes up!! ;)

It's only his first game but if his good form continues then one would hope that by the summer Lerner will have relaxed the financial constraints enough for us to be able to purchase Bertrand and pay him a wage which will keep him here.

Â