Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

Agree he made a huge difference... best i have seen us back there in ages and against possibly the most deadly strike pairing in the country too.

Goals we conceded were due to an unstoppable Gerrard through ball (Shame we decided to allow him the time to do that) and of course the played for Penatly which was dubious for me but of course the ref couldn't wait to give it.

The second was caused by what appeared to be Delph and El ahmadi deciding neither of them would pick up Sturridge... If you watch it back El ahmadi is trying to cover about three players and Delph is just ball watching leaving him in an impossible position. They were glaring at each other afterwards.

But neither were due to our RB which is refreshing.

Good debut indeed, anybody notice the nice link up play between himself and Delph, also between himself and Benteke?

Bodes well for the rest of the season if he can link up with his teammates like that after a day of being with them.

Echoing everyone else.. Bertrand was a touch of class today. Sterling has been on great form lately, and played well today but Bertrand kept him really quiet. Positioning was pretty good and also looking to go forward well. Reminded me of a young Ashley Cole. 

Just gotta hope that he's not a big enough name for Chelsea and they'll sign a 30m left back from the continent in the summer. 

• Like 1

Reads the game well and positionally is a million times better than Luna and Bennett, his decision making was top drawer. Knew when to commit to try and make the interception and when to attack or stay back and hold our shape. We desperately need to try and sign him if there's even a chance he is available in the summer, who knows.

Lambo, get some lads round to Lerner's New York penthouse and get them to use their powers of persuasion to get him to splash the cash for Bertrand. This lad is better than any other left back at the club, by a country mile!

Â