Grant Holt

samjp26

20k a week would be a freaking enormous sum of money to pay for Holt.  The best part of half a million sucked out of the club for a few lumbering sub appearances is just not worth it if true.  Not a huge sum in the modern game, but there is no point pissing the clubs money away.  If we have another 500k going spare that we need little or no return on, I'll happily take the cash off to Vegas and see what I can come back with.  Pretty sure that for that sort of money I'll score a good few more times than Holt does.

Oh don't worry he'll be gone in a few weeks and we will have only paid about half a million in wages by then but that's what you have to pay for a 'real man'!

I wonder how much he'll cost in terms of pounds sterling per goal?

Oh don't worry he'll be gone in a few weeks and we will have only paid about half a million in wages by then but that's what you have to pay for a 'real man'!

I wonder how much he'll cost in terms of pounds sterling per goal?

still probably less than Heskey did ;)

When he came in I was a bit disappointed but thought maybe he'd play 10 minutes at a time and he would only come on to **** clatter someone who deserves it and rattle some cages. No such luck. I hope he's providing some intangible benefit in the dressing room.

I was hoping Pires would hold the record for most distressingly pointless Villa player for a few more seasons at least.

I'm really not sure what Villa get out of this in all honesty. He's not cut out for this level any more.

This has always had the small of nepotism about it from the start. Lambert's clearly just helping out a mate, is'nt he.

Â