Grant Holt

samjp26

Rosler sidelined Holt because he wasn't satisfied with his fitness levels. It's a shame that all managers can't share his level of expectation of the players in this regard.

Have you got a link to any quotes on that by any chance?

Rosler gave the reason that he left him out of the squad because he had to work on his fitness. He barely played after that.

http://www.wiganer.net/news/tmnw/chairman_supports_roslers_fitness_charge_818926/index.shtml

Haha makes it worse. Didn't realise that. He's a real man though

Well yeah. What did you think my argument was? And I'd say the actual evidence backs it up.

Well its hard to tell, it keeps changing. :)

One has been that we would be better off without him which is pretty far from being backed up by evidence.

If your only argument is you don't rate Holt though I think you've covered that. :)

What changes? I've said from day one we didn't need him and he's made us worse and looked awful every time he's been on the pitch.

You're argument seems to be 'Lambert thinks it right so its right' I doubt you had that view of things when McLeish was making decisions.

Can I just ask how you expect Risso to know what players were available for loan or interested in coming to villa? I would imagine outside of the pro football world that info is hard to come by.

Yet people keep saying he could have got better. Odd.

Not odd.  Holt is fat, unfit, and nowadays a very poor footballer indeed, who everybody in Wigan was glad to see the back of because of his bad attitude, eg tweeting about going shopping when he was kept at home rather than playing in Europe.  But we get him because he's a "real man" apparently.

• Like 1

Can I just ask how you expect Risso to know what players were available for loan or interested in coming to villa? I would imagine outside of the pro football world that info is hard to come by.

Not odd. Holt is fat, unfit, and nowadays a very poor footballer indeed, who everybody in Wigan was glad to see the back of because of his bad attitude, eg tweeting about going shopping when he was kept at home rather than playing in Europe. But we get him because he's a "real man" apparently.

But it was logical because Lambert thought so.

What changes? I've said from day one we didn't need him and he's made us worse and looked awful every time he's been on the pitch.

You're argument seems to be 'Lambert thinks it right so its right' I doubt you had that view of things when McLeish was making decisions.

What changed? :) You just changed your stance on a manager adding to his squad about 2 mins ago.

And no that isn't my argument, I laid out my view a few pages back. I haven't expressed an opinion either way on the player not least because I think so far he has played about 20 minutes for the club and he is ON LOAN and as I've already stated not going to affect us financially in any way.

Not odd.  Holt is fat, unfit, and nowadays a very poor footballer indeed, who everybody in Wigan was glad to see the back of because of his bad attitude, eg tweeting about going shopping when he was kept at home rather than playing in Europe.  But we get him because he's a "real man" apparently.

So not only do you have lots of Wigan supporting mates on the IOM but now you are in contact with everyone in Wigan. Impressive.

Still waiting for some of that list of options Risso.

So not only do you have lots of Wigan supporting mates on the IOM but now you are in contact with everyone in Wigan. Impressive.

Still waiting for some of that list of options Risso.

I didn't say I had lots of Wigan supporting mates on the IOM.  I have lots of Wigan supporting mates and family in Wigan, a place I lived in for 15 years before moving here.  My best mate used to be a coach at the Latics, my nephew played for them and I used to play football and go drinking with their current CEO, Jonathan (JJ) Jackson.  I know more Wigan fans than I do Villa fans.

I didn't say I had lots of Wigan supporting mates on the IOM.  I have lots of Wigan supporting mates and family in Wigan, a place I lived in for 15 years before moving here.  My best mate used to be a coach at the Latics, my nephew played for them and I used to play football and go drinking with their current CEO, Jonathan (JJ) Jackson.  I know more Wigan fans than I do Villa fans.

Oh well in that case perhaps you could ask Dave Whelan to shut up for…. well just shut up.

Maybe you could get their scouts to help you with that list. :)

I've said from day one we didn't need him and he's made us worse and looked awful every time he's been on the pitch.

Agreed :thumb:

Prepare yourself for when he scuffs one in and it's thrown in your face and told "See, see, look how good he is! And not fat at all."

Bowery would've been better. Can you believe it?!

Not really awful. Almost no effect on low wages. It's an eh signing, one you wouldn't do in hindsight but not harmful.

He isn't on 'low' wages at Wigan, so it would be interesting to know what percentage of his wages we are paying.

I hope Lambert isn't pigheaded enough to keep playing Holt. He's clearly not up to it and has had a nice little run out against his old team.

He barely plays Holt as it is though. He's basically the new Bowery.

So why not just play Bowery?

Not really awful. Almost no effect on low wages. It's an eh signing, one you wouldn't do in hindsight but not harmful.

He isn't on 'low' wages at Wigan, so it would be interesting to know what percentage of his wages we are paying.

No, Wigan are notoriously high wage payers. :)

He is known to be their highest earner and at the time it was reported to be something like £20-25k p/w. Not huge wages but significant by current Villa standards. As I say, I would be curious to know what percentage of his wages we are paying towards.

He is known to be their highest earner and at the time it was reported to be something like £20-25k p/w. Not huge wages but significant by current Villa standards. As I say, I would be curious to know what percentage of his wages we are paying towards.

I'm pretty sure it's 100 % but £20k a week isn't a lot for the prem.

Â