Grant Holt

samjp26

Will be very disappointed if he starts tonight. Most of the people who defended this signing did so because he was 'cover for the cover' and wouldn't start many if any games and that we should wait until the end of the window to see who else we brought in before going off on one. So if he starts tonight and sign no one else is signed by deadline friday what would the people who defebded this signing say? Btw I know we signed Bertrand on loan which was a decent bit of business but I dont think it was anyones no.1 priorty prior to the window and kf course it is just a loan.

I, too, would be disappointed if he started. I'm not a big fan of two target men in any sort of formation

So what I've gathere from your posts is that your favored formation is 5-0-5 with five target men?

You got me. I was the one that actually advised Paul to keep buying strikers.

• Like 1

I can see why hes come in. Came on and was very vocal with KEA. Shouting and pointing at him telling him where to be. Shouldn't need someone to tell KEA where to be standing.

He basically does Bowery's job but a great deal better, I have absolutely no problem with that.

Does he? Loved his work rate but like Bowery I can't see the point of him being on the pitch.

If we are to throw a player on for 10 to 20 minutes at the end of a game, I think Holt is better than Bowery for that role. He holds it up well and seems intelligent with and without the ball.

• Like 2

He basically does Bowery's job but a great deal better, I have absolutely no problem with that.

Does he? Loved his work rate but like Bowery I can't see the point of him being on the pitch.

If we are to throw a player on for 10 to 20 minutes at the end of a game, I think Holt is better than Bowery for that role. He holds it up well and seems intelligent with and without the ball.

I honestly didn't see him do anything that Bowery couldn't do but Bowery can still be an outlet. I still find it hard to believe helenius couldn't do that.

I was surprised by his workrate, he really did put a shift in but I just don't see what he's adding.

As i've mentioned before, he completely ruins our attacking flow when he is brought in on the wide. I have no problems with him, it isn't really his fault, but Lambert clearly use him wrong. He should be played as backup for Benteke ONLY!

Albrighton in for Lowton would have made much more sense to me.

• Like 2

Â