Joe Lolley

MCU

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The thing that would work in our favour is I'd say there's a 99% chance Joe would want the move.

I wonder what the 1% would be?

"Yeah, I had interest from Villa but since they closed the Lovely Ladies thread on Villatalk I've just not fancied it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I wonder what the 1% would be?

Clothes shopping with Micah Richards?

On 10/01/2014 at 10:43, Stevo985 said:

I can't wait for Joe to sign for Villa and get written off after his first 5 minute sub appearance

A premonition 5 years in the making? Only time will tell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

I know it’s the Championship, but he’s always looked quality when I’ve seen him. Got a dynamite shot on him, and that works in any division 😊

Unless you’re Tonev

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

The plan is to sign young players that can improve - Lolley certainly falls into that category. I think he’d thrive here if we do sign him.

Turns 27 in August so young-ish maybe by VT standards.

20 hours ago, Xela said:

18 months ago I would have said Lolley to Villa was just sentimentalism on this board.

Having watched him last season, I have changed my mind. He was fantastic last season and you look on a Forest forum and they would be gutted to lose him. He's clearly rated as being head and shoulders above their other players. 

As for the stats - he's a wide player, not a centre forward. El Ghazi, who we love, got 6 in 35 for us. Lolley got 12 in 51 for Forest. 

Simple question - is he a better option than Adomah or Green on the right. I would say massively. 

Any other players in the same bracket price wise - Wilson, Kent, Mount etc have the same question marks. 

I think this is falling into the classic internet black/white debate. He’s a good player, but for Villa in the premier league with big budget and big ambitions... is it really the right thing to go shopping in the middle of the championship? For me it’s a no. If we were going to do it we should have done it to try and get us up. Now we’re up I’d hope to be buying more accomplished players in the top flight, or big European leagues. 

• Like 1

Many of the top players in the Premiership started their careers in the lower leagues. Stirling, Vardy, Ali, to name but 3. John McGinn was in Scottish football and by no means a star. Lolley is definitely worth a punt.

Edited by meregreen

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Many of the top players in the Premiership started their careers in the lower leagues. Stirling, Vardy, Ali, to name but 3. John McGinn was in Scottish football and by no means a star. Lolley is definitely worth a punt.

Sterling played for Liverpool at 16

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think this is falling into the classic internet black/white debate. He’s a good player, but for Villa in the premier league with big budget and big ambitions... is it really the right thing to go shopping in the middle of the championship? For me it’s a no. If we were going to do it we should have done it to try and get us up. Now we’re up I’d hope to be buying more accomplished players in the top flight, or big European leagues. 

Yeah but the thing is we can’t buy 15 of them when we go up. We need to pick and choose. 

If we had an established side and we were looking for a winger to really make the difference, then I’d agree with you. 

But with money needed to be spent elsewhere on bigger players, I think Joe would be a perfect signing to support them. 

I've said before that running through bricks alone is worth a couple of million with modern day footballs. Throw in a bit of quality (which lolley has) and you're on to a winner. 

It's a no brainer for me. 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2010 he joined Liverpool, Rafa was manager still

I stand corrected on the date. But the point was made regarding top players coming from the lower leagues. Sterling was signed from the Championship.

But no one is saying don't sign him because he's a championship player

The majority are saying for £10m yep go get him good signing 

But the chances of forest selling him for £10m are somewhere between slim and none, the debate is whether or not he's worth the price tag, I don't see where Liverpool signing sterling for peanuts or spurs getting alli for £2m justifies us spending north of £15m on him, their not the same thing, not even close 

Â