Joe Lolley

MCU

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But no one is saying don't sign him because he's a championship player

The majority are saying for £10m yep go get him good signing 

But the chances of forest selling him for £10m are somewhere between slim and none, the debate is whether or not he's worth the price tag, I don't see where Liverpool signing sterling for peanuts or spurs getting alli for £2m justifies us spending north of £15m on him, their not the same thing, not even close 

I was replying to Genie, and that’s exactly what he was saying.

17 hours ago, Genie said:

I think this is falling into the classic internet black/white debate. He’s a good player, but for Villa in the premier league with big budget and big ambitions... is it really the right thing to go shopping in the middle of the championship? For me it’s a no. If we were going to do it we should have done it to try and get us up. Now we’re up I’d hope to be buying more accomplished players in the top flight, or big European leagues. 

I agree, we shouldn't do all our shopping in the Championship. However, one or two prime purchases from there are fine mixed in with Premiership and overseas players of quality as well. 

I do think Lolley has the ability to step up and shine in the Premier League. 

We know he can do it at Villa Park too, destroyed us going forward in the mental 5-5 draw and scored a worldy.

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s the right call, him and Grealish in the side for a period could hone an unbelievable club culture. Something akin to United in the 90’s where the players (having come through the youth setup, so not the same scenario admittedly) all played with total passion and commitment for the club.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We know he can do it at Villa Park too, destroyed us going forward in the mental 5-5 draw and scored a worldy.

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s the right call, him and Grealish in the side for a period could hone an unbelievable club culture. Something akin to United in the 90’s where the players (having come through the youth setup, so not the same scenario admittedly) all played with total passion and commitment for the club.

I imagine he would be more Ian Taylor impact compared to other Villa fans we signed like Lescott and Collymore

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I imagine he would be more Ian Taylor impact compared to other Villa fans we signed like Lescott and Collymore

Agreed and in this day and age it's difficult to put a price on that. 

I really want this to happen.

On 10/01/2014 at 10:43, Stevo985 said:

I can't wait for Joe to sign for Villa and get written off after his first 5 minute sub appearance

Frum foive yerrs agoo .Yow moit be on ta summat ere mucka.

Typed in my accent because growing up sucks.

• Haha 2

On 01/06/2019 at 09:40, bannedfromHandV said:

I thought he was ok. His goal was more nyland being shit. 

For over £10 million this would be a massive gamble. 

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought he was ok. His goal was more nyland being shit. 

For over £10 million this would be a massive gamble. 

Didnt he get 4 assists that night?

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe. My overriding memory of that game is up being a mess at the back and nyland at his worst.

My overriding memory is Hourihane getting absolutely ran through over and over again. How times have changed.

On 01/06/2019 at 12:52, av1 said:

Agreed and in this day and age it's difficult to put a price on that. 

I really want this to happen.

Same, £15m still seems steep though.. My inner Fifa manager's thinking how we could send Lansbury back the other way to make it happen

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

1 goal, 4 assists.....easily their best player.

But only because our goalie was shit?! FML.

5 assists in the two games against us, 6 assists in the other 44 games combined....

He was good but it also says something about us i guess

Â