Thomas Hitzlsperger

rjw63

I am a bit surprised as I thought he had a girlfriend at Uni here in Brum at the time he played for us?

Elton John got married. Lots of gay people have heterosexual relationships.

• Like 1

I don't think a footballer should come out until they've retired, not because it's wrong but purely because the fans of every other club would destroy his career and probably ruin his life.

Matthew Upson got dogs abuse when he went off injured, the entire ground was United in giving the abuse. I can't see there ever being a day when it won't happen

I am a bit surprised as I thought he had a girlfriend at Uni here in Brum at the time he played for us?

Why? (Honest question!)

Edited by legov

One of my favourite Villa players ever. Loved him as a kid.

Agree with all the comments that its a shame he waited until he finished playing but I understand why. Homophobia is a massive problem in the game and no effort whatsoever has been put into tackling it. The way some people carry on at grounds is disgusting and outside of a football ground would see most of the perpetrators nicked.

All that said..... part of me really hopes as part of his pleasures (regardless of the gender of his partner) he makes them bend over and shout "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT" before smashing them in from 25 yards. :D

Der Butthammer.

Slow clap for gay jokes already. Very supportive and not the least bit offensive and immature.

:crylaugh:  Oh no, the butthurt is strong in this one.

But seriously, have a :clap:  yourself for being so right on. It must be great up there. Me? I'll laugh at whatever the **** I want, thanks.

I don't see how that can be so offensive. I mean, I understand it because it is that way and people react to it, but if you look at what he said it was just a creative way of expressing what gays ACTUALLY do. Hammering butts ;) It's like certain people doesn't think it's right to call a black person, black. "no, don't call him black, call him culturally enriched", like black is something to be ashamed of? If we have a color we call black and someones face has that same color, it would be unnatural to not use that word to f.ex seperate that man from another. In the same mould, a gay man has and/or desire sex with men. Why is it then wrong to state that that is the case?

All people have some sort of sexual instinct and orientation. Some people are what we call "gay". These people were born with a slight different brain structure than people of other sexual orientations. That should be the end of story, imo.

One day we will hopefully have no gay parades and no gay pride movement, just like there is no heterosexual parades or heterosexual pride (it is however a good thing right now because it helps young homosexual to accept themselves, when their surroundings might not). There should be no reason to be proud of something you were born with, something you never got to choose.  I have a few friends that is "gay", they are my friends because they are fun to be around. If there is anything they have or should be proud of, is that they grew up to be just that... likeable people.

Why? (Honest question!)

They don't know that they're gay?

They figure life will be easier if they pretend to be straight?

They could also be bi...

Well he's not going to get beaten to death, or strung up and mutilated, or jailed for life, is he?

There are plenty of issues remaining but as a society we're a long, long way ahead of many. That is no excuse for being complacent and thinking there aren't problems that need tackling.

Why? (Honest question!)

They don't know that they're gay?

They figure life will be easier if they pretend to be straight?

They could also be bi...

1. It's really unfair to the girl in the relationship.

2. Why not come out as bi then? Instead of one or the other.

I think I love him even more now.

Don't forget he played for the "mighty Spireites" also :-)

Oh I know that. It's partly the reason he's my favourite football player, he played for two great clubs and could hit a thunderbastard or two.

I don't see how that can be so offensive. I mean, I understand it because it is that way and people react to it, but if you look at what he said it was just a creative way of expressing what gays ACTUALLY do. Hammering butts ;) It's like certain people doesn't think it's right to call a black person, black. "no, don't call him black, call him culturally enriched", like black is something to be ashamed of? If we have a color we call black and someones face has that same color, it would be unnatural to not use that word to f.ex seperate that man from another. In the same mould, a gay man has and/or desire sex with men. Why is it then wrong to state that that is the case?

You can not compare those two terms at all though. Calling someone "black" is not the same at all as calling someone "Der Butthammer". One is an acceptable term to describe someone's ethnicity, the other is a derogatory term to describe someone's sexuality. To say that it's ok because "it's what gays do", is a very silly view to take in my opinion. To assume that he engages in anal intercourse, just because he's admitted to being a homosexual is just ignorant.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

The thing is, this needs to be newsworthy now so that eventually stories like this become the norm, and common enough that no-one looks twice when seeing another report of a footballer revealing their homosexuality.

Good on him.

• Like 1

Â