Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

I've said previously I'd be disappointed if all we could find was a 31 year old from his previous club. Hopefully we find something over the next couple of days.

Isn't the issue with getting someone from abroad that they won't hit the ground running and there will be a settling in period?

Say we spend 2 million on Houllhan, had Lambert feels between now and the end of the season he will be the difference at home and get us 6 extra points. That's the 2 million paid back straight away and then next season.

• Like 1

I've said previously I'd be disappointed if all we could find was a 31 year old from his previous club. Hopefully we find something over the next couple of days.

Isn't the issue with getting someone from abroad that they won't hit the ground running and there will be a settling in period?

Say we spend 2 million on Houllhan, had Lambert feels between now and the end of the season he will be the difference at home and get us 6 extra points. That's the 2 million paid back straight away and then next season.

If he chooses Hoolahan that's fine, he's clearly limited with a budget. I'd be dissapointed if we miss out on him and have no other options.

According to SSN Hughton has stated

"Wes is a player who we have made clear to that the bid we received is not acceptable and that we are not willing to grant his transfer request"

Still think he'll join if we stump up enough.

Signing him will be a positive for us (mainly to help reduce the hoof ball) but anything over 2 million is a waste of money that could be put towards a better signing.

I guess that depends on how much will be available in the Summer, which is something we aren't sure of yet. Either way I'd rather we sign Hoolahan than nobody at all to bring some creativity further up the pitch, Lambert will already know his strengths and weaknesses so hopefully he'd be able to do a job for us.  

Edited by samjp26

Â