Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

3-4 mil for a 31 year old with 6 months left on his contract, clearly not a key player for a lower than midtabld side? Come off it. Any club other than us and you'd cash in at 1.5mil. McNally is such a petty child though, he'd rather lose him for nothing in the summer.

3-4 mil for a 31 year old with 6 months left on his contract, clearly not a key player for a lower than midtabld side? Come off it. Any club other than us and you'd cash in at 1.5mil. McNally is such a petty child though, he'd rather lose him for nothing in the summer.

He's got 18months left of his contract hasn't he?

He's got 18months left of his contract hasn't he?

Yes

If the choice is Wes Hoolahan for £3-4m or nobody at all I would go for signing Hoolahan. We are desperate for an ACM to try and help improve our style of play, particularly at home.

Lets hope for a few surprises over the next week.

I'd go for nobody at all! In the summer, Hoolahan will have a year on his contract and will probably be available for £1m or less. For 3 or 4 million, with a bit of scouting, we could get another Okore (a midfielder version, obviously). I genuinely don't think we will go down with our current squad. I'd rather Lambert took a risk with Helenius or Bowery, than overspending on a player (with funds that could be put towards a better signing in 5 months time).
  • Like 2

If the choice is Wes Hoolahan for £3-4m or nobody at all I would go for signing Hoolahan. We are desperate for an ACM to try and help improve our style of play, particularly at home.

I think if Lambert had £3-4m to spend on one player then he wouldn't be after Hoolahan in the first place.

I think if Lambert had £3-4m to spend on one player then he wouldn't be after Hoolahan in the first place.

thats where buying the wrong players partly comes from selecting on price as opposed to right player for the building programme.

we will never build this way.....its just " fire fighting" i.e attempting to stay in the league.

It will be "Austerity" programme mk 2 before we know it, this way.....probably with a new manager, doing the SAME thing....

....myopic people.

Edited by TRO

I think if Lambert had 5 Million to spend on 1 player he would bring Hoolahan in. He is obviously so desperate to get him here. Me, id have the scouts out looking for a up and coming creative midfielder. I doubt we are going down with the current squad, so be ideal to bring in a younger guy and have him ready for the new season.

I think if Lambert had 5 Million to spend on 1 player he would bring Hoolahan in. He is obviously so desperate to get him here. Me, id have the scouts out looking for a up and coming creative midfielder. I doubt we are going down with the current squad, so be ideal to bring in a younger guy and have him ready for the new season.

I'd rather see us give Gardner, DJ or Carruthers a run in the team than spend some money on someone else's young prospect. 

I think if Lambert had 5 Million to spend on 1 player he would bring Hoolahan in.

On what basis?

Me, id have the scouts out looking for a up and coming creative midfielder.

And you know Lambert isn't doing that? 

• Like 1

I think if Lambert had 5 Million to spend on 1 player he would bring Hoolahan in.

On what basis?

Well im not sure! But what I do know, is all the media info at the moment, seem to point to his desperation for hoolahan. Even he has handed in a transfer request to try and force his way here.

On what basis?

Well im not sure! But what I do know, is all the media info at the moment, seem to point to his desperation for hoolahan. Even he has handed in a transfer request to try and force his way here.

tend to  agree with stefan , how do we know lambert is still after wes, all we know is the player reacted to a bid being rejected from another prem league team while he has been sitting on the bench, only thing at the moment thats keeping this story alive at the moment is us

If we spend anywhere near 3 million on Hoolahan it will be a joke

It would just prove that we are extremely limited in the scouting department

I'd rather we not sign anybody than waste 3 mill + on a 32 year old with no resale value

Save the 3 mill scrape through to the summer and put it towards getting Kiyotake

Edited by AshVilla

If we spend anywhere near 3 million on Hoolahan it will be a joke

It would just prove that we are extremely limited in the scouting department

I'd rather we not sign anybody than waste 3 mill + on a 32 year old with no resale value

Save the 3 mill scrape through to the summer and put it towards getting Kiyotake

"Extremely limited in the scouting department" - what a load of bollocks that statement is :D

Â