• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Lacklustre today - you can mix some workmanlike players in amongst some quality, but 11 workmanlike players is not going to cut it

We are at least three decent players away from what is required just to be average

We won't do anything in the market in January

Keep attacking Lambert but I doubt any other manager could do any better with such a shit budget

I don't think there's many that could do much worse.

How did Adam do today VillaCas. 

Barcelona will be in for him in January.

Another gripe: five bookings today, clearly he cannot impose discipline on the players either.

Oh come on, there's enough to complain about regarding Lambert. This is silly.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I didn't see most of the second half !!

I was angry from Lambert for playing Herd as a defender ! I came and found Bowery in the side .. Bacuna instead of Tonev and Marc .. Didn't see the goal yet .. 

I understand that most our best players aren't playing .. But These choices makes me crazy !

Still 13th though .. Although  we're only 1 point than we were last year .. we're starting getting humiliated I'm afraid ! ~_~

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

But Lambert did spend about £15m in the summer, and we actually play worst football now than last season.

I don't think we should get rid of him at this point of the season, but you must think that it is a possibility in the summer given how bad we are?

Without doubt overall the worst Villa side I can remember in 50 years. Totally no quality anywhere on the pitch or in the dugout including the directors box. None of this shower are above Championship level and between them thats where they are all heading. Well done to all the away support you are better than me.

Prepare for craziness.

I have been very patient, but it is clear we are **** this season unless something changes dramatically.

Even if Lambert went, what is going to change dramatically -  nothing

Maybe the next manager will be able to pick a player. Luna, Tonev, Bennett, Bacuna, Lowton are not Premiership players. Ok we cant buy the big boys but surely we can find better than this?

Another gripe: five bookings today, clearly he cannot impose discipline on the players either.

Oh come on, there's enough to complain about regarding Lambert. This is silly.

Not really as it is indicative of how poorly trained and organised we are. Buck stops with the manager IMO.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear, where Lambert sees the positives and the improvements today ...

Was it not for those (rather lucky at least 2 of them) wins against Arsenal, Man City and S'ton, we'd be on 10 points and last with same points tally as Sunderland.

MOM : I suppose Kozak. At least he fought hard and was lucky getting a goal.

Not good enough really. We're just lucky there are teams worse than us.

At least we finally scored though.

And we lost, again.

Oh thanks, I didn't actually notice that. I thought we won.

Seriously, why pick on this post? Is positivity that frowned upon on here that even semi-sarcastic positivity is getting jumped on?

Is that what you're calling it now?

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

But Lambert did spend about £15m in the summer, and we actually play worst football now than last season.

I don't think we should get rid of him at this point of the season, but you must think that it is a possibility in the summer given how bad we are?

Don't get me wrong. Lambert isn't above criticism. I've maintained that PoV throughout this season. But transfer fees don't really matter when you can't pay anywhere near PL wages. I'd compare RL to a concerned parent. The parent allowed the child to go out and he ridiculously drunk and became ill, so the parent stops the child going out altogether. One extreme to the other.

This is absolutely spot on

Any judgement of Lambert has to be weighed against the fact that we are willing to pay peanuts - add Sissoko, Kiyotake and Lukaku to our squad for example and we would be a different proposition

This is a much more complex situation to resolve than the simplistic arguments often presented

£15 million is really nothing in the prem, we needed to spend that just to stand still. To move forward we need to spend a lot more.

• Like 1

Not good enough really. We're just lucky there are teams worse than us.

At least we finally scored though.

And we lost, again.

Oh thanks, I didn't actually notice that. I thought we won.

Seriously, why pick on this post? Is positivity that frowned upon on here that even semi-sarcastic positivity is getting jumped on?

Is that what you're calling it now?

Calling what?

I find it pretty **** pathetic that I can't make a little comment like "at least we finally scored" (after bemoaning how bad things are) without being jumped on. It's not like I sat there and tried to pretend everything's great because it isn't.

Contrary to what you may wish I am not happy with how things are at the moment.

Edited by Mantis

Â