Referee & Linesmen watch

danceoftheshamen

Or he was being held by the English defender and in the act of shrugging him off accidentally caught him and got an incredibly harsh red card...

video refs change nothing, the other side of the fence will still see that as a shit decision

FWIW I thought it was a red but there will be incidents with finer margins, it still won't appease people

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Or he was being held by the English defender and in the act of shrugging him off accidentally caught him and got an incredibly harsh red card...

video refs change nothing, the other side of the fence will still see that as a shit decision

FWIW I thought it was a red but there will be incidents with finer margins, it still won't appease people

In the case where it's inconclusive then a red wouldn't be issued. 

This was a good step forward imo. 

• 11 months later...
Just now, Zatman said:

Mike Dean a complete shit referee, awful for both teams tonight

As always and too arrogant to recognise his mistakes. Yet he continues to ref at the highest level. 

Still from last night's U17 game. Ref sends off keeper for second yellow during a shootout for coming off his line. There are videos floating around but I can't find one to post in here.

DdLt1_nWsAA5Pz9.jpg

Have a look and see what you think. Apparently this is a rule now but I've never seen it enforced before and can you book a player during a penalty shootout?

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Have a look and see what you think. Apparently this is a rule now but I've never seen it enforced before and can you book a player during a penalty shootout?

You can book a player before and after the game, so I'm sure you can book one during the penalty shootout. Haven't seen any video, but to book a keep for straying of his line during a shootout would be crazy, unless the keeper was doing it repeatedly / with the intention of putting of the penalty taker knowing the kick would have to be retaken. I've no idea if that was the case here.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mike Dean a complete shit referee, awful for both teams tonight

He didn't disappoint. At one point, one of our players was tackled and it went our for a Boro through much to the crowd's frustration. Mike Dean turned to us, wagged his finger, gave a brief demonstration and a smug grin.

Even if he was right. Why the need to make a point of it to us? What a bellend.

On 16/05/2018 at 03:47, sparrow1988 said:

Still from last night's U17 game. Ref sends off keeper for second yellow during a shootout for coming off his line. There are videos floating around but I can't find one to post in here.

DdLt1_nWsAA5Pz9.jpg

I saw this and was astonished.

Maybe the rules have changed, but I've never seen a keeper yellow carded for that.

They usually  don't even penalise them, let alone book them.

The only thing that I can say for the ref is it did LOOK like the keeper was coming well off his line. The keeper's technique was to stand behind the line, then take a step forward onto the line and then dive forwards. To great effect clearly as he saved that pen.
But that's no excuse (unless the rules are you can't do that... but I don't think they are)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not insinuating anything here, but I found it funny that last night, when I typed in 'Bobby Madley' on Twitter, the most popular search was 'Bobby Madley Jack Russell'.

• Like 2

Â