Referee & Linesmen watch

danceoftheshamen

he's going to be a technical director, do this and that to help young refs develop and come through, SSN have probably been on the phone to him ever since

hopefully he doesnt become as slimey as mike riley, cant stand seeing him on SSN excusing every wrong decision, the refs need someone who will call a spade a spade and can be respected by fans rather than the brown nosing we currently get

Seems a strange move to make for a guy still in his prime. 

Mmm, don't think it's that surprising. He's been doing it for 25 years, at the top level for most of that. He hasn't got much prime left, and if you want to stay in the game as a referee after retirement, then the technical director job is one of the few possibilities, and that was clearly available now

• Like 1

Seems a strange move to make for a guy still in his prime. 

Mmm, don't think it's that surprising. He's been doing it for 25 years, at the top level for most of that. He hasn't got much prime left, and if you want to stay in the game as a referee after retirement, then the technical director job is one of the few possibilities, and that was clearly available now

Plus he's done it all hasn't he?

Premier League, Champions League FInal, World cup final etc

He's hardly got much left to tick off the list.

Is he to take the "Collina" role in England?

Cost us a title againt United but other than that no worse than his collegues. Wont be missed thou....

You'd only time I'd miss a ref is if I fired a gun at him.

Is he to take the "Collina" role in England?

Cost us a title againt United but other than that no worse than his collegues. Wont be missed thou....

he did? mixing him up with Phil Dowd

yeah dowd was the ref in the semi vs chelsea, where he bottled the penalty on gabby and the horrendous terry "tackle" on milner

And the ref who cost us the league cup final by bottling the decision to send Vidic off.

• 2 years later...

That penalty decision was horrendous. I don't even know what he was thinking. The linesman gave him an out by suggesting he'd made the wrong decision, but he wasn't having any of it. 

I felt happy that we scored, but just a tiny bit embarrassed about scoring that penalty as well. 

I didn't see the game, but my mate (Bradford fan, so sort of taking it with a pinch of salt) said that Mike Dean gave Leeds a penalty for a handball that wasn't in the area, and that he overruled his linesman to do so. This after being demoted to the Championship for poor performance.

On 1/21/2017 at 21:29, mikeyp102 said:

Another shocking performance at VP today. It was like he thought he'd given the pen wrong so second half gave pne everything

He was appalling. 

I could see from the Holte End that that penalty decision was wrong.

The last straw was Amavi being kicked practically into the stands in the second half and the ref not even giving a foul.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Must have given about 5 dodgy decisions to Barnsley in a row, then following this, one of our players bodychecks someone for the clearest foul and he waves play on. It says something when half the block are laughing at 3-1 down. The level of incompetent referees is at an all time high.

• Like 1

Â