Referee & Linesmen watch

danceoftheshamen

I'm delighted to see Clattenberg stay until the end of the season. As long as he stays fit, it'll be like having a new signing.

Hopefully I can get tickets to his last game, I look forward to the lap of appreciation.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm delighted to see Clattenberg stay until the end of the season. As long as he stays fit, it'll be like having a new signing.

Hopefully I can get tickets to his last game, I look forward to the lap of appreciation.

I am sure Sky will do some tribute for his last game

Yep, you can't "use a trick" to get it to your head.  I remember in a pub watching Villa and screaming for someone to be booked because they did exactly that, and everyone sniggering and saying "nah he used his head".  Foolish mob!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 12:29, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Didnt he also add further insult by booking Green? 

It was a foul by Green, and possibly a yellow card. However, the keeper then raised his arm to Green which is a straight red or at the very least a second yellow. 

He bottled it. Or didn't understand the rules. I'm not sure which is worse?

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:55, BOF said:

Yep, you can't "use a trick" to get it to your head.  I remember in a pub watching Villa and screaming for someone to be booked because they did exactly that, and everyone sniggering and saying "nah he used his head".  Foolish mob!

I can actually remember the game....Portsmouth at home and pretty sure it was Bentaleb who did it. Think a few in the Holte actually gave him a round of applause as it's rare you see it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Baker sent off today and Brighton get a pen, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they relaxed the laws on this to avoid 'double punishing' teams?

That was my thought too, unless it was violent conduct then pen and a yellow.

• Like 1

I've thought all season the standard of refine has been atrocious in this league. But today took the biscuit. Seemed he had a bet on Brighton to win the league. Yes it was in pen by bakes, but not a red. How did he not give a pen when Davies was hauled down?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching a bit of the U20s World Cup, England vs Argentina (England currently 2-0 up!)

anyway, Argentina play the ball down the left the defender is held by the Argentina striker who then throws an elbow catching the defender in the face.

the ref originally missed it and let play on resulting in a corner.

a video ref then alerted the ref, stopping the game for a little over a minute to 90secs whilst the footage was reviewed by the ref.

sure enough the elbow was clear andnthe striker got a straight red.

it was done within 90 seconds. 

What a great piece of officiating and proof that technology can assist referees without holding up the game for ages.

• Like 3

Â