2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Well, enjoy this one because the next 2 WC's are Russia and Qatar...

I'm still holding out that they award it to Australia, not Qatar...that somehow, some way, the corruption that gifted them the WC is exposed and they give it to Oz, or a joint Oz-NZ bid.

corruption that has never been exposed or proven. the won the vote, its time people get over it

There is another way, other than proving corruption, that it could be given to Australia and I think I read that Australia (amongst other bidders) were looking at going down that route in the future (there is still time). Basically it posits that Qatar won the very specific vote to 'host a summer event' and if it turns out that it needs to be moved for them, then by that reasoning their win becomes null and void because it's no longer a 'summer event' and it goes to someone who can host it. Obviously the legal bods will ache over the paperwork but that's the jist of an appeal.

thats different I dont mind that but its people just moaning at Qatar at every opportunity. Its nice to see a small country win these big events and if Qatar was to prove capable it would open up for other small nations to have a chance like a Sweden, Holland or Portugal who will never get a chance under current sort of attitudes

Even if it proved itself capable at the expense of the lives of dozens, perhaps hundreds of slave workers?

4,000 is the current prediction if things don't change.

I wouldn't fancy England to get out of that group at all.

Ivory Coast deserve a break aswell even if their chance has properly passed with a few of their team in their 30s, they always seem to be put in ridiculous groups at the world cup compared to the likes of Nigeria and Cameroon.

Yeah, it's Zoo magazine but this infographic has a couple of interesting points on it. Click for big.

98xNAYP.jpg

Travel could be a killer,  It will be interesting to see how the team who find themselves in position A2 perform considering what their schedule will be and lets hope England play away from the tropical parts of the country. We (well, our media) are always quick to question whether a world class foreigner could "do it on a cold november night in Stoke" which always strikes me as odd considering our national team's utter inability to perform once the temperature exceeds 25°C.

Edited by The_Rev

I think if England were drawn against a Latin American team and an African team in the north then they could be in trouble. Games in Porto Alegre will be in very favourable conditions for northern european teams. Its why hard to pick a winner or dark horse until draw is made

Yeah, it's Zoo magazine but this infographic has a couple of interesting points on it. Click for big.

98xNAYP.jpg

Travel could be a killer,  It will be interesting to see how the team who find themselves in position A2 perform considering what their schedule will be and lets hope England play away from the tropical parts of the country. We (well, our media) are always quick to question whether a world class foreigner could "do it on a cold november night in Stoke" which always strikes me as odd considering our national team's utter inability to perform once the temperature exceeds 25°C.

There's a surprising lack of tits in this Zoo graphic (and I don't mean Blatter and Platini).

• Like 2

To be fair to woy, I've heard interview after interview where the journolist is trying to put excuses in his mouth and he just keeps saying whatever happens they have to deal with it and that they fear nobody.