2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Italy will wipe the floor with us and I expect we'll grind out a narrow win over Costa Rica. It'll all come down to the Uruguay game IMO.

We only lost on penalties to them in the euros. Could be a draw i think. 

England will get 5 points and it will be enough to get out of the group

the fact that i think thats roys reaction to that draw is what worries me about england at the moment

"if we can draw the 1st 2 games..."

Is that what he actually said?

Italy will wipe the floor with us and I expect we'll grind out a narrow win over Costa Rica. It'll all come down to the Uruguay game IMO.

We were thoroughly outplayed though. I can't see us getting anything from Italy.

the fact that i think thats roys reaction to that draw is what worries me about england at the moment

no not yet! will expect him to come with some guff about fancying our chances, maybe something about italy being unconvincing / slow starters and then contradicting himself by playing awful defensive football

IMO you cant do that in that climate, we cant sit back and ball chase, the humidity will get to our players

also think the mentality going in to the games is really interesting, if we play well / beat italy then i think we'd take that confidence and beat Uruguay and Costa Rica, lose to italy or get an unconvincing draw and i dont think roy is the right man to lift them up and we'll lose to uruguay and be out 

We were thoroughly outplayed though. I can't see us getting anything from Italy.

yes but Pirlo ran the show that day and he's got a long term injury

World Cup 2014 Draw

Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon.

Group B: Spain, Holland, Chile, Australia.

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy.

Group E Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras.

Group F Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria.

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA.

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, S Korea.

I think this group will be tight.

Can see England grinding out two draws against Italy and Uruguay and then beating Costa Rica by a couple. Will that be enough, not sure.

I don't think Italy are that great really in terms of players atm but obviously they way they outplayed England at euro 2012 is a huge concern.

Uruguay have world class strikers but the rest of the side is just about physicality so I don't think that's too bad for England.

Really Wayne Rooney needs to turn up for this tournament for England to progress I think.