2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

I think this group will be tight.

Can see England grinding out two draws against Italy and Uruguay and then beating Costa Rica by a couple. Will that be enough, not sure.

I don't think Italy are that great really in terms of players atm but obviously they way they outplayed England at euro 2012 is a huge concern.

Uruguay have world class strikers but the rest of the side is just about physicality so I don't think that's too bad for England.

Really Wayne Rooney needs to turn up for this tournament for England to progress I think.

Agree with that, problem is with Rooney he's carrying united and he will be burnt out by the end of the season. Suarez can win a match on his own.

I konw he is not most peoples cup of tea but Roy certainly talks sense in his interviews!

What's the fool said?

He said no matter how many wonder goals Delph scores he wont select him due to a hidden agenda against Villa which he accidentally revealed

• Like 1

Germany group is the group of death really, Portugal always seem to end up in them. US and Ghana are decent enough sides so no whipping boy there.

Brazil and Argies are comfortable enough, Spain will be asked questions but should progress and France got their own group of death I see...

Great group for Belgium and I like the look of Colomba's group in terms of being most balanced.

I think this group will be tight.

Can see England grinding out two draws against Italy and Uruguay and then beating Costa Rica by a couple. Will that be enough, not sure.

I don't think Italy are that great really in terms of players atm but obviously they way they outplayed England at euro 2012 is a huge concern.

Uruguay have world class strikers but the rest of the side is just about physicality so I don't think that's too bad for England.

Really Wayne Rooney needs to turn up for this tournament for England to progress I think.

Agree with that, problem is with Rooney he's carrying united and he will be burnt out by the end of the season. Suarez can win a match on his own.

Curtis Davies had Suarez in his pocket, just call him up for that one match ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I konw he is not most peoples cup of tea but Roy certainly talks sense in his interviews!

What's the fool said?

He said no matter how many wonder goals Delph scores he wont select him due to a hidden agenda against Villa which he accidentally revealed

Very funny. I'm so sorry for insulting the Blessed Saint Roy.

Prediction:

Chile 3:1 Australia

Netherlands 4:1 Australia

Spain 8:0 Australia

Not a peep of even drawing a game let alone getting out of the group stage.

Group C looks a very even one. I reckon Japan could sneak through in that one.

England have a tough draw but not impossible. Uruguay have some talented players but are not strong in depth IMO.

Those predictions for Groups B and D seem all wrong.

seem about right to me

I don't see how Chile are more likely to progress than the Netherlands nor are Uruguay more likely to progress than Italy, and I certainly don't think we're more likely to progress than the Italians.

Is the Italy squad really that strong? One world class forward in Balotelli (Rossi is in the squad again and is a good player but he's had a mountain of injuries over the last 5 years), an average defence although you know they'll be organised as it's in their DNA and obviously two world class central midfielders in De Rossi and Pirlo but I don't see great wide players in their squad.

I can see England Italy being a draw. Wouldn't shock me if Uruguay beat Italy tbh.