2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Argentina were very impressive in WC 2006 and lost to hosts Germany on penalties.

Anyway regarding the draw, I hope Italy, Netherlands or France end up in the Switzerland group.

really dont like the Swiss? they would probably get a result against either 3 since they have probably the best manager in the tournament and a real solid defence like when they beat Spain in 2010

So we already know that France will be in a group with either Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay or Colombia. Then one of the unseeded Euopean teams in pot  4 will be in that group too. I'm calling it already France will be in the group of death.

I'd say the group Belgium get put in might also have a good case for that.

Imagine a group of Holland, Brazil, France and maybe Ivory coast if that's possible?

France and Ivory Coast are in the same pot.

Group of death would be Brazil, Japan, France, Italy.

thats the thing great players in attack but nothing at the back at all, last world cup they had Jonas of Championship Newcastle in right back and not just because Maradona was a nutter.

people look at their team but for me they lack bottle. 2002 they were best team on paper and went out 1st round and in 2006 they were best team in tournament until they choked

Well it sort of was because Maradona was a nutter. I imagine most sane managers would have picked Javier Zanetti at right back - seeing as he'd just played (and won) the Champions League final.

Imagine a group of Holland, Brazil, France and maybe Ivory coast if that's possible?

Would be a bit funny if Brazil didn't get out of their group at their own World Cup

Would be a bit funny if Brazil didn't get out of their group at their own World Cup

I think it would actually be quite sad.  But yes, funny too.

France are doomed whatever happens. Talented players but an unconvincing team. 

Like england then minus the talented players.

But... England have future Ballon d'Or winner Sir Andros Townsend.

2014 World Cup Pots

Pot 1: Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot 2: Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ivory Coast, Ecuador, Ghana, Nigeria

Pot 3: Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran, Japan, Korea Republic, Mexico, USA

Pot 4: Bosnia, Croatia, ENGLAND, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

Draw Friday 4.30 BBC 2 & Sky Sports News

Originally I thought they were in the pot 2, because they are the lowest ranked European team, that would mean a South American seed and an unseeded European in their group. 2 good teams no matter what. But now there is no guarantee of 2 good teams.

Sauce

Note: A pre-draw will be held to move one of the nine European teams into Pot 2. That European team will then be drawn against one of the four seeded South American teams to preserve the geographical balance of the draw.

It's looking very much like Voinjama is right. France have been given another miraculous lifeline. You gotta hand it to FIFA. They are very resourceful when it comes to getting France out of sticky situations :)