2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Anyone else noticed whenever they discuss classic moments, classic goals, classic images etc or even controversial moments, 2010 World Cup has none whatsoever. Truly the worse world cup in history. 

If you're not Spanish the only lasting memory is the vuvuzela

Meh, not perfect by any stretch, but better than what Italy played on against Fluminese and definitely better than what Portugal played on last night.

I've been going around feeling dreadfully ignorant ever since I saw that Italy were playing Fluminese. I assumed Fluminese were a country because Italy were playing them. I'd never heard of them before.

I've now plucked up the courage to google them and much to my relief - discovered they're a club side and not a country.   My geography isn't so bad after all.

Still ignorant I suppose, but not as much as I thought I was.

Manaus pitch 

B3Uz3gW.jpg

Ah, takes me back to my footballing days... on the school playing field.

Anyone else noticed whenever they discuss classic moments, classic goals, classic images etc or even controversial moments, 2010 World Cup has none whatsoever. Truly the worse world cup in history. 

Goal of the tournament stands out for me as one of the great World Cup goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQmWZoNHG4

Those vuvuzela's completed destroyed the world cup for me in South Africa, just zapped all the atmosphere out of the stadiums

I was planning on muting the TV and just playing this over the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E6ljLSOkbY

Only for ITV games, obviously.

Worse than 2002?! That was terrible.

What about the Suarez handball and subsequent penalty miss? Or South Africa goal in the opening game. Or, or, ok it was pretty shit.

Edit: the Barca players that had been sent off sitting together was a nice image, or was that 2006?

Edited by Amo69

Worse than 2002?! That was terrible.

What about the Suarez handball and subsequent penalty miss? Or South Africa goal in the opening game. Or, or, ok it was pretty shit.

Tshabalala  goal was probably my favourite moment of the 2010 World Cup, it was hilarious watching him hit it from range whenever he got it after that one though :lol:

Funny he got linked with clubs like Everton after that.

Edited by Bradd92