The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Fair enough, I'll narrow it down a bit more. It's about what you can do with them, and a British pound coin is also in this group. 

(First three answers correct but too broad, last three not correct). 

They can be used in a supermarket trolley?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

They can be used in a supermarket trolley?

Bingo! I can confirm, via recent experimentation, that both a one euro coin and 50 HK cents coin can be used in supermarket trolleys or leisure centre lockers. 

To be clear, I wasn't just experimenting for fun, I didn't have any pound coins on me and needed a solution. I have now put in an order for these genius tools:

61HBogX1m4L._AC_UX679_.jpg

I definitely didn't know this , but maybe its more widely known than the rock I live under ....

Joy Division were once supported by a group called "The Actors "

What group did 2 of the bands members go onto form ?

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I definitely didn't know this , but maybe its more widely known than the rock I live under ....

I know this purely because a friend of mine literally posed the same question to me on Tuesday. I didn't know then. Very surprising. 

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair enough, I'll narrow it down a bit more. It's about what you can do with them, and a British pound coin is also in this group. 

(First three answers correct but too broad, last three not correct). 

They are the right size to convince a blind beggar that you have just given him a pound. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Which monumental bellend and his brother were in this band would be a better question

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Could we have the answer please, I've no idea.

welcome to my rock  ...

Was as @bickster  (and presumably @Seat68 would have ) said ... Right Said Fred 

I  couldn't really imagine it when I heard this 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not because I expect anyone to know the answer, more because I found it fascinating when I heard it earlier and here seemed better than anywhere else.

Why is this actress's name interesting?

1_EastEnders-Big-Mo-Laila-Morse-689376.j

(Laila Morse, playing Big Mo in Eastenders)

Spoiler

She's not really called Laila Morse, she's Maureen Oldman, older sister of Gary Oldman. When she first acted professionally in her brother's directoral debut film Nil By Mouth, she needed a stage name to disassociate her from her brother, and Isabella Rossellini, then Gary's girlfriend turned "mia sorella" (italian for my sister, which is what she called Maureen) into the anagram Laila Morse

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only Connect on now with a war of subcultures. One team is archetypal camp theatrical luvvies, the other is the classic 'three old blokes from the pub quiz'. 

• Like 1

Â