The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Stumbled across this music quiz on reddit and reckon some of you will enjoy it. 

Disclaimer, I know none of the answers but assuming they're in the comments. 

A small stream = Beck 

Wolves in Madrid = Los Lobos 
Tempest-like = Stormzy 
Liberated = Free 
Fender has some gig requirements = Sam Ryder 
Medic is nice to touch = Dr Feelgood

Edited by mjmooney

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A small stream = Beck 

Tempest-like = Stormzy 
Liberated = Free 

It says something about my musical knowledge when the only one that came to me instantly was...

Spoiler

Mariah Carey!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

It says something about my musical knowledge when the only one that came to me instantly was...

Hide contents

Mariah Carey!

Just came to post that one!

After five minutes of trying to think based on the mildly racist name for the van instead 😬

You’re decking the halls with boughs of holly, thinking it’s been a while since your last travelled, when you hear a knock on the door. You open, only to find a large xmas present, and you unwrap a shiny National guitar with instructions written on it to travel along the river that shines as brightly as the guitar to your next destination. There’s a postcard included, with a picture of Egyptian architecture and handwriting that tells you to go to a city, where a dream was brutally ended, and whose most famous attraction is the residence of a former monarch, now a place of pilgrimage, that could easily be set to music with the help of a National guitar. Where are we going? 

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

You’re decking the halls with boughs of holly, thinking it’s been a while since your last travelled, when you hear a knock on the door. You open, only to find a large xmas present, and you unwrap a shiny National guitar with instructions written on it to travel along the river that shines as brightly as the guitar to your next destination. There’s a postcard included, with a picture of Egyptian architecture and handwriting that tells you to go to a city, where a dream was brutally ended, and whose most famous attraction is the residence of a former monarch, now a place of pilgrimage, that could easily be set to music with the help of a National guitar. Where are we going? 

A lot of long-distance information, there. 

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

let me guess?...Poundland?, Aldis? ...no hang on its Argos isnt it ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:
  Hide contents

A small stream = Beck 

Tempest-like = Stormzy 
Liberated = Free 

Ha 

Miss Gales dog is a good clue  ... its one of those you either know it  it in a nano second or not at all though

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to take a guess at what the most viewed English language Wikipedia page of 2022 was?

Spoiler

Jeffrey Dahmer, 54m views. The Russian invasion of Ukraine, 2022 was second with 5m fewer

Good news for Netflix I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Â