Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Haha that actually made me laugh.

If this is sincere then I should just retire now. My VT career won't get better than that :D
I was gonna add but I guess you're joking. Really wish I had now. Grrrrrr. Edited by limvillian

Haha that actually made me laugh.

If this is sincere then I should just retire now. My VT career won't get better than that :D

All I had to do to get you to leave VT was laugh at one of your jokes? Should have done it earlier ;)

I made BJ laugh...

83842491.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Linked with this guy in Metro - Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/19/aston-villa-line-up-club-brugge-star-vadis-odjidja-ofoe-for-summer-transfer-4310062/

Looks a bit of a tank on YouTube with a decent hit but I will never use that as a judgement again after the Tonev incident.

Belgian Guy if you're out there whats your view on this guy?

FFS I hate this black and white thinking that seems to be prevalent here. It seems it's impossible for some posters to believe that many of us are neither seething or happy about the window.

Agree I find it amusing how some thing we can only spunk millions on wasters or sign 2 players on loan. No way there's anything between that.
I don't recall anyone ever saying that.

This is why this black and white thinking gets on so many people's nerves.

Then you should read more. Plenty of people have made a post about spunking millions in response to people not thrilled with our January transfer window.

I think most realise we now need to spend more on better quality so the out lay per signing will have to increase as you'll only get so far or lucky so much spending relatively small amounts. So "spunking" millions not to make the first team considerably better in a window that's normally harder to get preferred targets is common sense IMO. This summer is when I will judge the club and even though it isn't good ATM I'll stick with the policy until then.

Chamakh?! **** no. We don't need another Heskey.

We don't which is why the Holt signing made no sense.

there's a pretty huge difference between signing someone on a 3.5 yr contract at 40k pw (not sure what Heskey was on but I'm pretty sure it was at least that) and signing someone on loan for 5 months on probably less than half that.

Linked with Vadis Odjidja in the Belgian papers too. He's big, strong, and got the right attitude to play in the prem, he'd certainly add something to our midfield (but then again, who won't?). In Belgium he's always been considered a huge talent but never stood up to the task, but IMO he'd suit us.

Linked with Vadis Odjidja in the Belgian papers too. He's big, strong, and got the right attitude to play in the prem, he'd certainly add something to our midfield (but then again, who won't?). In Belgium he's always been considered a huge talent but never stood up to the task, but IMO he'd suit us.

odjidja is a strong box to box player, similar mould to Delph. I'm not sure he's exactly what we need but would be a good squad player and an upgrade on KEA

odjidja is a strong box to box player, similar mould to Delph. I'm not sure he's exactly what we need but would be a good squad player and an upgrade on KEA

We need quality first teamers now

Has to come in and make an instant impact

• Like 1

Â