Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Can you 'buy' non-league players outside of the window?

Nope, you can't register any new players for the squad after the window closes I believe

I was going to respond the same way. However, he's under 21 so I'm not sure how that works.

Can you 'buy' non-league players outside of the window?

Nope, you can't register any new players for the squad after the window closes I believe

He wouldn't need to be registered because of his age, but I didn't think you could purchase players or finalise signings outside of the window at all, although I'm not sure about players from non-league. 

If he's on a amateur/semi-pro contract then he can be signed within the 'free transfer window' which is until March IIRC. If he's at a professional club then regardless of whether he'd be free, you can't transfer his professional registration outside of the transfer window.

So if we were actually in for him it would be a case of signing him on a pro deal and sending him back on a 3 month loan deal until the end of the season? 

Doubt there is anything in it but it is always helpful to understand the logic of these journos

So were still being linked with lower league players

We don't need anymore of them

We need to start buying quality experienced players rather than a bunch of average ones with "potential"

Edited by AshVilla

We need to start buying quality experienced players rather than a bunch of average ones with "potential"

So we shouldn't ever buy lower league players ever again?

Tbh there's nothing wrong with buying lower league potential players. Just don't throw them into the first team where they'll be out of depth. Nurture them into the team i.e. a few games here and there and I'm sure it'll benefit both club and player.

To be fair to the player, he must be considered to be on par with some of the Villa youngsters. He is 17 and a top player in his league - I wouldn't think there is a huge difference between the Ryman League and the u18 academy league. He has more matchday experience than some of our youth players and probably has a big work ethic.

I'm not saying he would be good enough to be a PL player (maybe a Paul Lambert player but not Premier League), but as has been mentioned elsewhere how many of our youth players actually make it? Worth a punt I'd say! I'd imagine he would be grateful for an opportunity and would give it his all.... anyone remember a certain Joe Lolley from this very forum? Uni team to Championship. Anything is possible!

That worked out so well under McLeish.

Yet, Lambert finished with more points with a bunch of lower-league 'kids'.

Standards are so low, we are forced to say "Its better than McLeish" when a wet fart when naked with a sexy lady is better than McLeish.

(Looking at you Leemond)

Standards are so low, we are forced to say "Its better than McLeish" when a wet fart when naked with a sexy lady is better than McLeish.

(Looking at you Leemond)

Another laughable comment, you're on a roll. McLeish was mentioned because the post being quoted said that we needed quality, experienced players. Therefore, as that was what we did under McLeish, and we did better with Lambert's non-experienced players, it's not the only way to succeed. No-one is using McLeish as a standard that we aim to achieve or better.

(Looking at you Leemond)

Another laughable comment, you're on a roll. McLeish was mentioned because the post being quoted said that we needed quality, experienced players. Therefore, as that was what we did under McLeish, and we did better with Lambert's non-experienced players, it's not the only way to succeed. No-one is using McLeish as a standard that we aim to achieve or better.

Live life, make it personal. Have a good Sunday my friend.

Â