Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I'm guessing Gentleman and Richard are feeling very sheepish

Don’t be silly, its not like they said something was going to happen numerous times!

Never ITK, if you were you would know better to say things would be happening, grown men as well.

Oh, get over yourself.

Where are they?

They just wanted the attention and to feel important. Bless them

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

You said you were only bothered about the club being run properly, thats why you wanted Lerner out and nothing to do with just wanting someone to spend a shit loads on players?
The club being run properly means having us competitive, not ensuring a billionaire is OK. We're a professional sports club. No one wants Lerner to bankrupt himself and no one wants the club to get itself in a financial mess. But for the past 18 months we've backed the manager with a pretty poor amount.

You just can't get your head around the idea that there's something in between surviving on the cheap and spunking endless amounts of cash.

I don't know why? I imagine its because if you acknowledges that you couldn't moan at other fans.

If you just want to watch someone spunk a load of cash go and buy a league, there are plenty of choices for you. Just not here thanks

I don't give 2 **** what Lerner (or any other owner of Villa) does with his money, as long as the club is run properly and sustainably.

Another who missed the point.

You just know Norwich are going to accept this bid..

but if the player doesn't want to go to the other club  ......

Oh Id say that wont be a problem!

Good luck to him getting away from that mess.

Bullshit account by the looks, but.

Transfer News/Rumour ‏@ITK_TRANSFER 29s

Norwich have accepted a bid for Wes Hoolahan from a premier league club but not Aston Villa. Fee is believed to be lower than Villa bid

I hope they go down if they accept a lower bid than ours, just because we are Villa. Very childish and amateur if so.

I am good with this.

Really do not want Hoolahan on a 2 and half year contract. Surprised we went in for him for a third time - now that is embarrassing if true.

I always thought football was about winning and competition. I know that's what appealed to me and what made me fall in love with it. There seems to be a growing number of fans who care more about a billionaire looking after his pennies than anything else. Its professional sport.

"I want a really wealthy businessman to run my football club and not care about the business side of it because it's just sport" is an incredibly naive way to think about it.

Also, winning and competition? With Aston Villa? :D

Err Big John doesn't want a sugar daddy to spunk money on players, no no just for Villa to be run properly.... Honest.

I'd love a sugar daddy to do a man city with us. But I'd be happy enough if we were run as a competitive club in the top league rather than survive on the cheap.

You enjoy striving for mediocrity so you can cheer on that billionaire and moan at fans.

"I want a really wealthy businessman to run my football club and not care about the business side of it because it's just sport" is an incredibly naive way to think about it.

Err Big John doesn't want a sugar daddy to spunk money on players, no no just for Villa to be run properly.... Honest.
I'd love a sugar daddy to do a man city with us. But I'd be happy enough if we were run as a competitive club in the top league rather than survive on the cheap.

You enjoy striving for mediocrity so you can cheer on that billionaire and moan at fans.

I've read some funny posts but this one takes the cake for incredible snobbery.

Must be lonely in your ivory castle looking down at us commoners

I've read some funny posts but this one takes the cake for incredible snobbery.

Must be lonely in your ivory castle looking down at us commoners

Snobbery? For wanting the club to do well over being happy a billionaire is financially ok. If you say so.

Heard the same rubbish for the past 3 years.

Â