Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I would also love Ince at the club but where would he get a game at the moment in our current system? Is he the number ten we need? Not sure as he has been playing out wide. Is he the DM we need? Nope. So maybe Ince would be a luxury signing at the moment which the chairman doesn't want to afford.

Doesn't stop us all wanting him at the club though due to being a good young player.

I would also love Ince at the club but where would he get a game at the moment in our current system? Is he the number ten we need? Not sure as he has been playing out wide. Is he the DM we need? Nope. So maybe Ince would be a luxury signing at the moment which the chairman doesn't want to afford.

Doesn't stop us all wanting him at the club though due to being a good young player.

Exactly this.  Ince is undoubtedly an exciting prospect, but he's not what we need right now.

If we do sign Hoolahan (and IF is a big word as yet), then I would suspect that our transfer dealings are done. In which case, it would seem Bertrand is our 'meltdown' signing.

To be fair, Lambert would have addressed two key areas and that should see us safely through to the summer, when it's hoped he might have a better player or two in mind. If he does'nt, then it speaks volumes for Lerners intentions.

As long as the injury prone Vlaar and Baker keep out of trouble and Clark doesn't get injured/suspended we should be perfectly ok!!

Brilliant post Bobzy this is exactly what I think is happening at the club.

Yeah we shouldn't expect the owner to back the manager properly. Good plan for the future that.

tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

Feelings mutual. Hopefully the majority of our fans don't lower their expectations to your level.

Lambert has made it clear he hasn't been able to bring in some players. HH said he wasn't allowed to bring in some top targets last summer. Yet you and a few others continue to use the classic 'next window' argument. Haven't heard that before.

Tonev has started a lot of games this season, Ince is better than him.

How long has Tonev been in the english game compared to Ince, how much is he paid in comparison with Ince?

Might Ince piss off people, what type of character is he, will he move closer to the training ground etc etc?

Fans and transfers are stupid, people just want to be satisfied without thinking about the long term consequences are.

I bet we could sign a NRC equivalent for 8mill and people would be pleased we’ve just spent money or signed someone.

Its the same laughable notion that people want Lerner out because apparently he’s not running the club properly, its not really that its because he’s not spunking money like he ‘should’. Spend shit loads of money and people wouldn’t give a shit how the club is run.

So agree and be happy with everything the club do? Is that your big suggestion?

For me it's nothing to do with how much money is spent, i really couldn't give a monkeys about that, It's about seeing a decent football team that has a chance of silverware &/or Europe. If Lambert can do that with the current philosophy then great! In fact that would be even better then "buying" success in my opinion. BUT when we are at potential risk of being sucked into a relegation scrap AGAIN then i think it's only normal to be questioning things isn't it?.....After all what's the alternative? being resigned forever to accept second rate mediocrity?.... No thanks!

Better to have tried, failed and tried again than never to have tried at all in which case you have failed by default anyway..

• Like 1

For me it's nothing to do with how much money is spent, i really couldn't give a monkeys about that, It's about seeing a decent football team that has a chance of silverware &/or Europe. If Lambert can do that with the current philosophy then great! In fact that would be even better then "buying" success in my opinion. BUT when we are at potential risk of being sucked into a relegation scrap AGAIN then i think it's only normal to be questioning things isn't it?.....After all what's the alternative? being resigned forever to accept second rate mediocrity?.... No thanks!

Better to have tried, failed and tried again than never to have tried at all in which case you have failed by default anyway..

the point is this approach...building steadily...takes time. We don't have to accept mediocrity, but we should probably try and be patient as we get slowly to where we want to be.

• Like 1

If we do sign Hoolahan (and IF is a big word as yet), then I would suspect that our transfer dealings are done. In which case, it would seem Bertrand is our 'meltdown' signing.

To be fair, Lambert would have addressed two key areas and that should see us safely through to the summer, when it's hoped he might have a better player or two in mind. If he does'nt, then it speaks volumes for Lerners intentions.

As long as the injury prone Vlaar and Baker keep out of trouble and Clark doesn't get injured/suspended we should be perfectly ok!!

Thats tempting fate, but there are others who could, at a push, step into the fray. People keep crying out for Donacien to get a look-in for instance.

I just think Bertrand made us look far more compact at the back (admittedly after one game but....) and I'm convinced there will be an incoming AM, be it Hoolahan or not.

And that, irrelevant of Holt, would be satisfactory until the Summer

Look at that list of Teams: Swansea, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and Hull

If Ince is such an exciting prospect why are the other 'bigger' teams not coming in for him.

I hate to be a miserable ballbag here, but we are very much in that list when it comes to quality at the moment. There are just 6 points between us.

• Like 1

Â