Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

So, in short, yes - I do trust Lambert to find decent players and I think he'd do a good job if he had the money to spend

So why do you think we'd have to pay over the odds on a gamble this window then? Is Lambert not capable of signing good players worth the money this window?

This isn't trying to be contentious...I don't think you've grasped how different this window is to the summer one. Someone else went into it. Thats why I mentioned unrealistic expectations yesterday. January is always like this.

It's got nothing to do with "how far we've fallen", whether we've fallen or not, because we've had a bit of an up and down history. All that's for another thread though.

• Like 1

Linked to someone named Eunan O'Kane.

From his wiki i learned he's a 23 year old midged little person playing midfield for Bournemouth

Anyone seen him play?

No interest thus far.

P.s MOM v liverpool at weekend, so u should refrain from insulting a player if u never saw him play

Edited by HeyAnty

From his wiki i learned he's a 23 year old midged little person playing midfield for Bournemouth

Anyone seen him play?

No interest thus far.

P.s MOM v liverpool at weekend, so u should refrain from insulting a player if u never saw him play

Not an insult, he's pretty much the same hight as me and i've played football most of my life so i know being short can be a handicap when you play

Adel Taarabt told he has no future at Fulham. Will be sent back to QPR. Anyone take him here until the end of the season?

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Lazy player, awful attitude, not even very good, just no. No no no. No.

From his wiki i learned he's a 23 year old midged little person playing midfield for Bournemouth

Anyone seen him play?

Hmmm not exactly the ready now player is he? maybe one for the future.

At 5'6" he might struggle but if he has the talent then he can overcome his lack of height.

So, in short, yes - I do trust Lambert to find decent players and I think he'd do a good job if he had the money to spend

So why do you think we'd have to pay over the odds on a gamble this window then? Is Lambert not capable of signing good players worth the money this window?
This isn't trying to be contentious...I don't think you've grasped how different this window is to the summer one. Someone else went into it. Thats why I mentioned unrealistic expectations yesterday. January is always like this.

It's got nothing to do with "how far we've fallen", whether we've fallen or not, because we've had a bit of an up and down history. All that's for another thread though.

I don't think anyone claims January is an easy time to do business. But the way some of you go on you'd think it wasn't possible to sign a decent player at this time. The reason its more difficult for us is because the manager still has to work under ridiculous constraints. So yes accepting this is lowering expectations and is a sign of how far we've fallen.

From his wiki i learned he's a 23 year old midged little person playing midfield for Bournemouth

Anyone seen him play?

Saw him on Crossbar Challenge the other day. He hit the crossbar, not sure if this is a sign of a good player?

Have been to Bournemouth earlier this season - don't recall him standing out saying that nobody did really.

If we do sign Hoolahan (and IF is a big word as yet), then I would suspect that our transfer dealings are done. In which case, it would seem Bertrand is our 'meltdown' signing.

To be fair, Lambert would have addressed two key areas and that should see us safely through to the summer, when it's hoped he might have a better player or two in mind. If he does'nt, then it speaks volumes for Lerners intentions.

It's really pissed me off how Swansea, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and Hull have all been given permission to speak with Tom Ince! Surely we should be included on that list for **** sakes!!

Edited by Tayls

Â