Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Taking into account our withdrawn financial position, spending as little as possible, making it impossible for us to compete with teams like WBA, Stoke and Norwich for players.

I would suggest we should be looking at the leagues in Hungary and Austria.

These leagues are full of young, hungry players, who have experience of playing Champions League, European football but, who would love to play in the 'best' league in the world.

Players like Phillipp Hosiner a 24 year old centre forward for Austria Vienna, who has scored 9 and creted 4 from 18 games.

Kevin Kampl a 23 year old attacking midfielder from Salzburg, who has scored 7 and created 10 from 17 games.

Patrik Hidi a 23 year old defensive midfielder from Honved, who has scored 3 and created 1 in 17 games.

Burgstaller a 24 year old leftwinger of Rapid Vienna, who can play right wing or centre forward as well and is into double figures this season.

interesting post but gotta add someone from the Swiss league cuz there on the up

Taking into account our withdrawn financial position, spending as little as possible, making it impossible for us to compete with teams like WBA, Stoke and Norwich for players.

These leagues are full of young, hungry players, who have experience of playing Champions League, European football but, who would love to play in the 'best' league in the world.

Players like Phillipp Hosiner a 24 year old centre forward for Austria Vienna, who has scored 9 and creted 4 from 18 games.

Kevin Kampl a 23 year old attacking midfielder from Salzburg, who has scored 7 and created 10 from 17 games.

Patrik Hidi a 23 year old defensive midfielder from Honved, who has scored 3 and created 1 in 17 games.

Burgstaller a 24 year old leftwinger of Rapid Vienna, who can play right wing or centre forward as well and is into double figures this season.

interesting post but gotta add someone from the Swiss league cuz there on the up

Also missing the Northern Irish, Irish, Welsh, Maltese and Cypriot leagues where their players can get "Champions league or european experience" via playoffs lol.

Could always sign Grant Holt, I think he's from Wigan, who are in the championship....... and were in the Europa league.

Oh good, linked to another striker.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38757-villa-and-albion-pursue-interest-in-le-fondre.php#.Ut2KS9LFKUk

Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion are set to make a move for Reading’s leading scorer, Adam Le Fondre.

“He’s one of several prospects we’re monitoring at the moment,” confirmed one of Villa boss, Paul Lambert’s backroom staff to SportsDirect News. “He’s got a track record of scoring goals at the highest level – and we need to boost our ability to score goals.

“Playing in the Championship means Le Fondre wouldn’t command a massive fee, so it could be a real win-win for us.

“The final decision lies with the gaffer (Lambert), but as far as I know our interest is very serious.”

HH, is that you?

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38757-villa-and-albion-pursue-interest-in-le-fondre.php#.Ut2KS9LFKUk

Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion are set to make a move for Reading’s leading scorer, Adam Le Fondre.

“He’s one of several prospects we’re monitoring at the moment,” confirmed one of Villa boss, Paul Lambert’s backroom staff to SportsDirect News. “He’s got a track record of scoring goals at the highest level – and we need to boost our ability to score goals.

“Playing in the Championship means Le Fondre wouldn’t command a massive fee, so it could be a real win-win for us.

“The final decision lies with the gaffer (Lambert), but as far as I know our interest is very serious.”

HH, is that you?

That gave me a good laugh.

HH, is that you?

I would like this player... if we didn't already have enough strikers.

HH, is that you?

Didn't he play more of an attacking winger role a'la Gabby and Andi?!? Seemed to know where the net was and quite quick although basing that from a few glimpses a while back now

And have been playing decent football for a few years 666 but, yes, this is the type of league we should be looking at in our present situation.

Also missing the Northern Irish, Irish, Welsh, Maltese and Cypriot leagues where their players can get "Champions league or european experience" via playoffs lol.

Could always sign Grant Holt, I think he's from Wigan, who are in the championship....... and were in the Europa league.

Adam, I wasn't taking the piss, I am serious about these league's. 

I know many fans laugh, at 'the mighty Villa,' even contemplating buying a player who isn't one of the world's famous names but, I happen to live in the real world.

We are not and haven't been a world reknown club, for longer than any of our present day fans have been alive.

Yes we have a proud history but it is long gone the time when our fans, one and all realised the situation we are in, in this day and age..

Also missing the Northern Irish, Irish, Welsh, Maltese and Cypriot leagues where their players can get "Champions league or european experience" via playoffs lol.

Adam, I wasn't taking the piss, I am serious about these league's.

I know many fans laugh, at 'the mighty Villa,' even contemplating buying a player who isn't one of the world's famous names but, I happen to live in the real world.

We are not and haven't been a world reknown club, for longer than any of our present day fans have been alive.

Yes we have a proud history but it is long gone the time when our fans, one and all realised the situation we are in, in this day and age..

Suffice to say, I think we have already been exploring other leagues with the intention of finding decent young players. The Danish, Belgian and Polish divisions aren't exactly the most renowned leagues in the world in terms of big clubs, revenue and already top top players...

I've only heard from a few peoples FB shares and in the pub old Fred mentioned something about Hutton going to West Ham, with us getting Nolan. That , to me doesn't sound likely. But, even if the Hutton to Hammers bit is right, I like this nonsense rumour

Â