Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Lescott is a Villa fan from Birmingham so maybe he would be prepared to take a decrease in wages to come here?

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Surely he will have to in the summer anyway when his contract expires?

Nobody will give him the wages that he is on now at Manchester City.

Why not just come to Villa now on less wages instead of being released?

Maybe he fancies a few more months of rolling around in cash and maybe a few more medals too? Although joining us on much reduced wages must be tempting

Lescott is a Villa fan from Birmingham so maybe he would be prepared to take a decrease in wages to come here?

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Surely he will have to in the summer anyway when his contract expires?

Nobody will give him the wages that he is on now at Manchester City.

Why not just come to Villa now on less wages instead of being released?

Maybe he fancies a few more months of rolling around in cash and maybe a few more medals too? Although joining us on much reduced wages must be tempting

not to mention, china, russia, middle east etc. for one last big fat payday. days of coming home at the end of your career are long gone.

I've seen quite a bit of Samaras and on his day he can be a special player. However, he is very frustrating to watch at times and I do question his work ethic and attitude. Also, Lennon deploys him as more of a left midfielder where he is much more effective than he is at playing striker. His inconsistency would really frustrate many fans if Lambert brings him to play as the out and out forward. 

That being said, Samaras has been linked with many clubs over the past few years, including Barca after his impressive tally of goals in the Champions League last year. Despite this, he has never moved from Celtic, maybe he is happy there and would hesitate coming back to a league where he is still thought of as shit. I think he would be an interesting signing but maybe not right for Villa and the Premier League.  

Edited by Irinous

But starting for Villa every week will put him (Lescott) directly in the England frame, and it'll be his last chance to do so. Coupled with the hometown factor, I think he'd definitely take a pay cut. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

saw this on a Bradford site about Wells - prob bull but hey :)

My friends dad is Gary Karsa (third to Lambert at villa). Been trying to get information about it all day. His words were 

"Behave, we will struggle to get the 1 million we need for Hoolahan"

I pestered, he said that villa do have the funds but Lerner isn't interested in giving it to lambert at the minute. 

Any update I'll put it on here but at the minute he won't be going villa

Edited by Villa5shitty1-down-u-go

But starting for Villa every week will put him (Lescott) directly in the England frame, and it'll be his last chance to do so. Coupled with the hometown factor, I think he'd definitely take a pay cut. 

dont think he cares about Villa at all. He always celebrated more passionately when scoring vs us than any other team. He wont take a pay cut when other teams with more money will give him the cash in summer like Spurs or a West Ham/Fulham if they stay up

dont think he cares about Villa at all. He always celebrated more passionately when scoring vs us than any other team. He wont take a pay cut when other teams with more money will give him the cash in summer like Spurs or a West Ham/Fulham if they stay up

How can these teams with smaller revenues pay more wages than us?

because they already do. Berbatov or Carroll is on more money than all our players

They don't give a shit about FFP. Looks to me like we've been getting ready for the 60% rule to be applied in the prem.

Â