World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The corruption of football started a very very long time ago.

Yeah but this is **** insane

The French arms deal? The Thai oil deal? Every other world cup which was obvious bought or had a non footballing reason to be where it was didn't feel as on the nose as this, not even Russia

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Even so... And throwing in the states very obvious social problems... Surely you must think Qatar paid billions for this world cup and its all corrupt as **** and has damaged football?

I absolutely agree that it was handled in a corrupt way.  It really isn’t my point.  There’s a lot of bad taste around the whole thing, and it’s not my desire to champion the Qataris as some kind of amazing people.

My main issue here is the overt prejudice on display under the guise of championing inclusion.  It’s so hypocritical it’s unreal.  Part of the definition of prejudice is to ignore positives and to focus on negatives to try to confirm a certain narrative, and I have seen it time and time again from certain posters.

Some people will refuse to acknowledge ANY positives.  There isn’t a country on earth without issues.  The real corruption here is that the Qataris needed to pay so much to get the World Cup in the first place.  Without that they would never get the cup. 
Blatter gets dogs abuse for being corrupt.  But let’s take a moment to think what would happen if there wasn’t the corrupt Avenue to get the biggest ticket in town.  A select few countries would just take it in turns holding the tournament - claiming that only they had the infrastructure and experience to be able to hold such a tournament.

it would be the Big 6 Mafia all over again but on an international scale where they split the pie into large pieces and let everyone else have the crumbs.

The media and tabloids have done their very best to undermine the tournament from the very offset because they hate that the Qataris got it. They hate the fact that it was a success.  And you have people like certain posters who regurgitate their agenda repeatedly.  

I bet those most vocal against the hosts have never even been to the Middle East - and the limit of their knowledge comes from the Daily Mail.

It’s hard to take people seriously when there is no balance to their views.

No one was arrested for being homosexual.  They even said everyone is welcome, just be respectful.  Basically don’t be lewd, and you have nothing to worry about.  Homo OR hetero.

Yet… non stop throughout the whole tournament everything just returned to the same point again and again and again.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Thug said:

I absolutely agree that it was handled in a corrupt way.  It really isn’t my point.  There’s a lot of bad taste around the whole thing, and it’s not my desire to champion the Qataris as some kind of amazing people.

My main issue here is the overt prejudice on display under the guise of championing inclusion.  It’s so hypocritical it’s unreal.  Part of the definition of prejudice is to ignore positives and to focus on negatives to try to confirm a certain narrative, and I have seen it time and time again from certain posters.

Some people will refuse to acknowledge ANY positives.  There isn’t a country on earth without issues.  The real corruption here is that the Qataris needed to pay so much to get the World Cup in the first place.  Without that they would never get the cup. 
Blatter gets dogs abuse for being corrupt.  But let’s take a moment to think what would happen if there wasn’t the corrupt Avenue to get the biggest ticket in town.  A select few countries would just take it in turns holding the tournament - claiming that only they had the infrastructure and experience to be able to hold such a tournament.

it would be the Big 6 Mafia all over again but on an international scale where they split the pie into large pieces and let everyone else have the crumbs.

The media and tabloids have done their very best to undermine the tournament from the very offset because they hate that the Qataris got it. They hate the fact that it was a success.  And you have people like certain posters who regurgitate their agenda repeatedly.  

I bet those most vocal against the hosts have never even been to the Middle East - and the limit of their knowledge comes from the Daily Mail.

It’s hard to take people seriously when there is no balance to their views.

No one was arrested for being homosexual.  They even said everyone is welcome, just be respectful.  Basically don’t be lewd, and you have nothing to worry about.  Homo OR hetero.

Yet… non stop throughout the whole tournament everything just returned to the same point again and again and again.  

Luckily I don't read the Daily Mail and I am fairly balanced in my views.

Only ever been to the Middle East on stop overs to further away places .

The worst experience I had was probably Egypt when we were robbed at the airport... by a policeman. Other than that Egypt and its people were amazing. I get more grief when I go to Brum or Dingle Land.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thug said:

Because simply existing is illegal for some people in Qatar.

That is utterly staggering. 

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because simply existing is illegal for some people in Qatar.

That is utterly staggering. 

Utter hyperbole.

yet more cliche tripe that you heard somewhere being regurgitated.

This right here is what really winds me up. Exaggerating things damages the cause.

It is NOT illegal to exist.

It is illegal to perform homosexual acts.

There is a huge difference, and you claiming it’s one and the same doesn’t help.

if you stuck to the completely valid point that people should be allowed to be who they wish to be and do what they wish to do without risk of prosecution or persecution , you’d get a lot of respect and total agreement from me.

If you’re going to add a healthy dose of hyperbole then I’ll call you out on your exaggeration.

Edited by Thug

This is horrendous state sanctioned homophobia 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/15/gay-qataris-physically-abused-then-recruited-as-agents-campaigner-says

Gay Qataris have been promised safety from physical torture in exchange for helping the authorities to track down other LGBTQ+ people in the country, a prominent Qatari doctor and gay rights campaigner has told the Guardian.

On 23/12/2022 at 06:01, Brumstopdogs said:

Famous for one thing, and can't even do that properly.

Salt Bae is pretty f***ing useless too.

On 23/12/2022 at 11:24, Thug said:

The real corruption here is that the Qataris needed to pay so much to get the World Cup in the first place.  Without that they would never get the cup. 

I’ll say it again, and again, and again. It’s almost as if a tiny desert nation is entirely unsuited to host the football World Cup (a summer event.) 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Thug said:

It is NOT illegal to exist.

It is illegal to perform homosexual acts.

There is a huge difference

There really f***ing isn’t. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’ll say it again, and again, and again. It’s almost as if a tiny desert nation is entirely unsuited to host the football World Cup (a summer event.) 🤷‍♂️

There really f***ing isn’t

There really **** is

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Nah, it doesn’t happen. @Thug says so. 

Did I say that it doesn’t happen?

No Bobzy, no I didn’t.

I suggest you learn to read.

This is the problem with a few of you posters here.  You just don’t seem to grasp basic points.

At no point did I say the persecution of homosexuals does not occur.

At no point did I say that this persecution is ‘ok’

The point I made was that a few posters here seem to just focus solely on this ONE issue and refuse to acknowledge ANY positives from the World Cup.  Their constant comments describing the Middle East as ‘backwards’ has racist undertones that make their prejudice no better than the Qataris.

The Americans allow children as young as 10 get married to older men.  I’ve pointed this out several times, but you ignore it.  No outrage, nothing.  Just ignore it.

Why? Well, I wonder if it’s because one set of people are white skinned cousins, and the other are dark skinned ‘backwards filth’

Not one of you will criticise the states.  Not one of you will have reservations about watching the next World Cup.  Not one of you will post the criticism again and again and again.

What about these children that are being legally f*cked in the states? Do THEY not have a ‘right to exist’?

Should we boycott the next World Cup until the states change their law to something not so backward?

But you guys couldn’t give two shits about that.  Maybe because they’re white? I don’t know, I can’t possibly know what goes on in your heads. 

Now you’ll all get together and try to make me out to be some kind of pantomime villain, but AT NO POINT DID I EVER CONDONE THE QATARIS TREATMENT OF THE LBGT COMMUNITY.  You saying that I deny it happens is a lie - probably for effect to try to undermine my points.

Is it wrong of me to suggest that you guys are equally vocal about the legal paedophilia in the states?

Is it wrong of me to ask that at least you acknowledge some of the positives gained from this World Cup?

As I wrote before, focusing SOLELY on negative aspects is by definition prejudice.  And a few posters here have repeatedly stated that the World Cup should never again be awarded to certain countries.  Well, it seems you’re perfectly happy to let old men marry girls as young as 10 - so long as it’s a ‘white law’

MY summary:

There were some really really good aspects to this World Cup, and it was a great success.

The Qataris need to 100000000% stop persecuting homosexuals.

The Americans should be ashamed of their backwards laws and should:

1) End child marriage

2) change their gun laws

I don’t believe that we should stop them holding a World Cup because of that though.

I can say all of that, because I’m not prejudiced. Let’s hear that from some of you (won’t hold my breath)

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

The bizarre thing is that it was US (the British) that went to the majority of these countries and INTRODUCED the bloody laws against homosexuality in the first damn place!

Two Argentinian women took off their tops in the stadium.  In Qatari law they could be prosecuted for indecency.

The west celebrated it.  Put them on the cover of newspapers.  Basically made them famous, and rich.  Encouraging all women around the world to ‘get their tits out for the lads’.  You do that and we’ll make you famous, and rich!

But it’s the Qataris that don’t respect women. It’s the Qataris that treat women as objects.  We know how to treat women right.  We idolise them.  So long as they get their tits out.

There were probably 30,000 women at the final? The two that I remember are the ones with their tits out.

We’re a proper advanced society for sure.

Well done us!

Should’ve been jailed if you ask me.

I’m quite enjoying these bizarre rants.

Edit: also, this whole United States law saying that 10 year olds can get married seems… not quite right. I’m guessing this isn’t legal?

Edited by bobzy

57 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Nope. If my sexuality were a crime, I might as well not exist. Imagine living a life like that, if you can. 

I'm a Polygamist and can still technically do jail time for it in parts of th USA and UK.... 

Either way... Yes... Hyperbole... 

I'm not trying to get into the semantics of it though.

I must ask though, again, when are we getting onto the millions murdered indiscriminately by drones and invasions, police brutality, cartel executions,  and kids in cages etc by the next hosts?

World Cup is over, when does the Qatar derangement syndrom end? I repeat... Dubai has even worse laws... Let's get a campaign going there as well.

If you think authorities in Qatar don't have better things to do than hunt down and strategiise the persecution of gay people you're deluded.

Statistics and common sense alone should tell you that gay people live in the country, all they ask is that you don't take the piss in public, and this actually goes for whether you're gay or straight.

On average, no one gives a toss what you do in private.

Different countries and regions evolve at different paces. Your time would be better spent being outraged at the shitshow the US and UK etc have created in Afghanistan for example, where women are actively being stripped of rights on a day to day basis.

Truth is, if there wasn't a World Cup here, half of you wouldn't know or give a f*CK about the place... and would be floating in your fake outrage echo chambers somewhere else.

Edit: I'm not actually a Polygamist 😂, I mean I wish I could be but my woman probably feels different.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

On 23/12/2022 at 13:24, Thug said:

This was hilarious, seeing all the stories 😂. " The World Cups hottest fan faces jail for wearing skimpy outfits " for example.... That was one of the daily attempts. ( Whilst actually here within it... With visitors as well )

The dude who ran onto the pitch with the rainbow.flag is a paid agent, and failed to get what he wanted miserably.

The amount of absolute horseshit they printed on a day to day basis, I can guarantee they are dissappointed they never got the sob stories they so desperately wanted to milk 😂

The absolute basement barrel one is " Bisht Gate". The Emir ( King ) bestows the absolute highest honour in the Middle East onto Messi, essentially a " Knighting " and the pricks tried their best to spin a negative out of that as well. Licks from a dying dog who failed spectacularly in a targeted media campaign.

I can wholeheartedly tell you that if you look into the comments of some of these hyperbole stories, they are now filled with people who came to the place themselves and are pelting these people for their absolute bullshit.

Oh, and then there was the journalist dying, who people were desperately hoping was murdered by Qatar for his rainbow shirt. About a week later, a Qatari journalists died of illness, they printed that in a hurry ( To attempt to continue the free speech being murdered narrative ), but it then died down when they realised it was a Qatari journalist and the new journalist murder angle wouldn't work, especially after the American journalist who died was proven and documented to be sick.

Then there was the " Worker murdered and another beaten near death on oil rig in Qatar " headline. Only for it to turn out that a Scottish Man murdered his colleague and beat another one. Lol 

The only people who now.believe half of this shit are people who are unwilling to accept a different reality which doesn't fit the narrative they've come to " know ".

Your own people will eventually find it hard to take your own media seriously.

It's quite sad if I'm honest.

EDIT: And you're absolutely right Thug, not one person will pretend like the place is perfect. ( We aren't thick to the politics and money ) However in a roundabout way, all the attacks rallied the expat community and visitors here to give it all the way back  

It actually had the opposite effect of what was desired.

I could go on forever about this shit.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm a Polygamist and can still technically do jail time for it in parts of th USA and UK.... 

Either way... Yes... Hyperbole... 

I'm not trying to get into the semantics of it though.

I must ask though, again, when are we getting onto the millions murdered indiscriminately by drones and invasions, police brutality, cartel executions,  and kids in cages by the next hosts?

World Cup is over, when does the Qatar derangement syndrom end? I repeat... Dubai has even worse laws... Let's get a campaign going there as well.

If you think authorities in Qatar don't have better things to do than hunt down and strategiise the persecution of gay people you're deluded.

Statistics and common sense alone should tell you that gay people live in the country, all they ask is that you don't take the piss in public, and this actually goes for whether you're gay or straight.

On average, no one gives a toss what you do in private.

Different countries and regions evolve at different paces. Your time would be better spent being outraged at the shitshow the US and UK etc have created in Afghanistan for example, where women are actively being stripped of rights on a day to day basis.

Edit: I'm not actually a Polygamist 😂, I mean I wish I could be but my woman probably feels different.

Merry Christmas!

Don't worry, if polygamy is your thing then I'm sure there are plenty of dudes who'd happily join you.

Â