World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

15 hours ago, El Zen said:

Nope. If my sexuality were a crime, I might as well not exist. Imagine living a life like that, if you can. 

That’s the way the law makes you feel.

Which is a horrible way for anyone to be made to feel, and is wrong.

But it is NOT illegal for you to ‘exist’.

You would be breaking the law if you had sexual relations with another man. So you could ‘exist’ and not have sex.

I am NOT saying that that is ok before you jump down my throat.  I’m just saying it’s NOT illegal to exist.

Im not arguing AGAINST gay rights, I don’t understand why you guys just don’t get it.

Im just sick of the constant criticism of Qatar and the blind eye to your mates across the Atlantic.

Now why don’t YOU imagine you’re a 10 year old girl.  And a 70 year old man applies to the court to marry you, and the court says ‘yes that’s fine, and perfectly legal.’

Getting **** by a 74 year old man time and time again when you’re 14 years old.  

Imagine a life like THAT, if YOU can.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/200-000-children-married-us-15-years-child-marriage-child-brides-new-jersey-chris-christie-a7830266.html

More than 200,000 children were married in the US over the past 15 years, new figures have revealed.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

wow, just saw a vid pointing out that for France's third goal (the pen), as the ball was crossed in, it came off a french defenders hand (arm was above his head as he jumped), dropped to Mbappe, who shot and it hit an Argentine arm for the pen.

shouldnt have been a pen in the first place, should have been an argentina free kick around the pen spot.

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Getting **** by a 74 year old man time and time again when you’re 14 years old.  

just to clarify, the age of consent is still (at least) 16. so even if said 74 year old man was her husband, it would still be statutory rape.

minors being allowed to marry is still **** bizarre and wrong, but it's not like US law is permitting them to have sex

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just to clarify, the age of consent is still (at least) 16. so even if said 74 year old man was her husband, it would still be statutory rape.

minors being allowed to marry is still **** bizarre and wrong, but it's not like US law is permitting them to have sex

You’re wrong.

read the article.

If you go to:

• Amerika-ka-ka - respect our culture, filthy foreigner.
  • UK - respect our culture, filthy foreigner.
  • European countries - respect our culture, filthy foreigner.

If Amerika-ka-kan's or Europeans go to anywhere else in the world....

• obey our culture, we expect to be able to do whatever we want in your country, cus "we know we are right 100% of the time, everything we stand for is right and you totally need to adhere to the way we want you to be, cus they way we do things is never, ever wrong".
  • Also, we are totes whiter than white and dont do dodgy stuff all over the world, we totes dont, i promise, just obey our culture or we will set the twitter mob and b-list celebs on you....ok?

Edited by MaVilla

For me, it doesn't really matter where the world cup is played.

Whatever competition FIFA is involved in, it is just a huge shit stain on the sport.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thug said:

You’re wrong.

read the article.

from your article. they can marry but can't have sex. it's a weird and wrong law, no question.

Most states set the age of sexual consent between 16 and 18 and a person can be charged with statutory rape for having sex with a minor. Yet many children were granted marriage licences, approved by judges, before they could legally consent to sex.

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

from your article. they can marry but can't have sex. it's a weird and wrong law, no question.

Apologies I got mixed up with a different article.

https://www.equalitynow.org/learn_more_child_marriage_us/

Quote:

What is the “statutory rape exception”?

Statutory rape is when one of the parties to sexual activity is below the age of consent. It does not have to be forcible, because a minor is not legally able to consent. 18 U.S.C. Section 2243(a), on the Sexual Abuse of a Minor, applies when a person “knowingly engages in a sexual act with another person” who is between the ages of 12 and 16 and is at least four years younger than the perpetrator. 18 U.S.C. Section 2243(c)(2) allows a defense to this crime when “the persons engaging in the sexual act were at that time married to each other.” This means that, at the federal level, child marriage is viewed as a valid defense to statutory rape.

This law not only suggests that the federal government condones the practice of child marriage, it allows an adult to engage in sexual activity with children as young as 12, and gives sexual predators an incentive to force a child to marry them. The law can effectively turn child marriage into a “get out of jail free” card for predators. This law must be repealed. Repealing 18 U.S.C. § 2243(c)(2) is a simple, commonsense step towards aligning U.S. laws with international standards and discouraging child marriage and rape in the U.S.

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Apologies I got mixed up with a different article.

https://www.equalitynow.org/learn_more_child_marriage_us/

Quote:

What is the “statutory rape exception”?

Statutory rape is when one of the parties to sexual activity is below the age of consent. It does not have to be forcible, because a minor is not legally able to consent. 18 U.S.C. Section 2243(a), on the Sexual Abuse of a Minor, applies when a person “knowingly engages in a sexual act with another person” who is between the ages of 12 and 16 and is at least four years younger than the perpetrator. 18 U.S.C. Section 2243(c)(2) allows a defense to this crime when “the persons engaging in the sexual act were at that time married to each other.” This means that, at the federal level, child marriage is viewed as a valid defense to statutory rape.

This law not only suggests that the federal government condones the practice of child marriage, it allows an adult to engage in sexual activity with children as young as 12, and gives sexual predators an incentive to force a child to marry them. The law can effectively turn child marriage into a “get out of jail free” card for predators. This law must be repealed. Repealing 18 U.S.C. § 2243(c)(2) is a simple, commonsense step towards aligning U.S. laws with international standards and discouraging child marriage and rape in the U.S.

fair enough, i stand corrected

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’ll say it again, and again, and again. It’s almost as if a tiny desert nation is entirely unsuited to host the football World Cup (a summer event.) 🤷‍♂️

You’ll say what exactly again and again and again?

A country that just did a fantastic job of hosting a World Cup was ‘entirely’ unsuitable to hosting a World Cup?

One of the safest, cleanest, and well organised world cups to have taken place, but you still hold the view that they were entirely unsuited?

A summer event? By tradition, not by rule.  In fact, the world cups are usually held at a time when the football season is over - ie conditions are no longer suitable for football to be played? Go figure.

You saying again and again and again is what this entire debate is about - your prejudice towards the Qataris.

They did a **** brilliant job in hosting the World Cup.  Our politicians and media telling us how evil they are is more about their own worry about what we might see when we get there.  A safe, clean society where citizens pay no tax - while our interest rates and mortgages and price of bread steadily push us into poverty.

’but, but, but… we’re inclusive! They’re EVIL!’

And boy do some people swallow the whole narrative without even thinking.

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

My f***ing god you’ve picked a hill to die a brainwashed and/or contrarian death on. Enjoy it, buddy, I’ll bow out. 

Lol! IM the brainwashed one lol

yh, you’re the one saying a country that just hosted a successful World Cup was ‘entirely unsuited’

You need to pick your hills better.

please do bow out.

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who knew that all you needed to do for a successful, clean, safe world cup was price out the vast majority of the world's population and make it too expensive for them to attend

That is what this world cup is... It wasn't a football tournament for football fans, the fans were an afterthought, people in general were an afterthought, it was a tournament for the rich bought and paid for by the rich and sold by the corrupt and greedy

If you consider that a success then that is what it is

I consider it a stain on football that fifa will never recover from but they don't **** care and will happily sell the next one to the Saudis

Quite a few of my friends attended.  They’re not rich.

I suppose ‘rich’ is a relative term though.

From the corruption point of view I agree.

It horrible to think that EVERYTHING is for sale. 

But out of interest, who do you think should have got it?

Bidders:

Australia

Japan

South Korea

USA

Qatar

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Tite the ex Brazil manager got robbed in Rio and the thief shouted abuse at him for the World Cup

Was the robber gay AND Qatari... Perhaps wearing a gold chain with a 24k pendant made of  dead migrant worker? 🤔

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Who knew that all you needed to do for a successful, clean, safe world cup was price out the vast majority of the world's population and make it too expensive for them to attend

That is what this world cup is... It wasn't a football tournament for football fans, the fans were an afterthought, people in general were an afterthought, it was a tournament for the rich bought and paid for by the rich and sold by the corrupt and greedy

If you consider that a success then that is what it is

I consider it a stain on football that fifa will never recover from but they don't **** care and will happily sell the next one to the Saudis

The ‘vast majority’ of the worlds population haven’t been able to afford getting to the World Cup since it first began. 

You do know that the ‘vast majority’ of the worlds population live on under $5.50 per day?

I think they’ve got bigger things to worry about than if they can afford to watch a game of football, and whether it should be in the winter or summer, or if Harry Kane can wear his rainbow armband.

Market forces is not Qatars fault.  

3 hours ago, Thug said:

The ‘vast majority’ of the worlds population haven’t been able to afford getting to the World Cup since it first began. 

You do know that the ‘vast majority’ of the worlds population live on under $5.50 per day?

I think they’ve got bigger things to worry about than if they can afford to watch a game of football, and whether it should be in the winter or summer, or if Harry Kane can wear his rainbow armband.

Market forces is not Qatars fault.  

So you don't even accept that this world cup was more expensive for travelling fans than previous world cups?

Or less accessible?

Because if that's the case its not worth discussing any more

This amazingly successful world cup... With empty seats at every game because no one went...

Â