World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He was handing it over to Messi along with some Qatari royal stooge. Stooge let go. Infantino held onto it for a while longer. It felt like ages but it was probably only 10-15 seconds while everyone could tell Messi just wanted him to **** off.

Felt like he was a few seconds away from putting on an Argentina shirt and helping to lift the trophy

Its like he was giving him instructions on where to go and how to do it, like the guy had never lifted a trophy in his life, in effect what happened was infantino and the stooge got a few minutes beamed around the world of them chatting to messi like they were all mates

The whole ceremony was a load of bloated bollocks, just give him the trophy and **** off

Edit - it did feel like it perfectly fit in with this tournament though, FIFA members and politicians all getting their limelight rubbing shoulders with the footballers, same with all the old boys in the corporate seats, it felt washed with money

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Edit - it did feel like it perfectly fit in with this tournament though, FIFA members and politicians all getting their limelight rubbing shoulders with the footballers, same with all the old boys in the corporate seats, it felt washed with money

The thing that really pissed me off was some suited up dickheads nobody have ever heard of parading around having a laugh and lifting the trophy on globally broadcast TV before the players even came out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The thing that really pissed me off was some suited up dickheads nobody have ever heard of parading around having a laugh and lifting the trophy on globally broadcast TV before the players even came out.

And Infantino wearing crisp white trainers with his suit. Who does he actually think he is? 

25 minutes ago, AJ said:

So glad this shambles is finally over.

i do agree and hope this is the last tournament held in the winter in a country with such backwards laws. many will have, but i've not forgotten the debacle about the armband, and the fans being denied entry wearing rainbow colours. a final with copious empty seats was the icing on the cake

the football has been great...why wouldn't it have been? people say that like they're surprised. that was never in doubt.

i'd love to be looking forward to PL restarting, but this stupid winter WC means olsen is going to be facing liverpool and possibly spurs too so i can't even get excited about villa just yet

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We won the fair play trophy. Waistcoast working the magic.

Getting a fair play trophy from FIFA would be like getting a peace prize from Putin.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Getting a fair play trophy from FIFA would be like getting a peace prize from Putin.

I guess they don’t factor in the threat they made to England of unlimited punishment if they wore the one love arm band.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's been an absolutely outstanding World Cup 🤷🏾‍♂️. Sorry.

Some good games. Some appalling officiating. Possibly the best final I can remember. England flattered to deceive once again. Some cooking of the attendance figures. Many, many people died making the stadiums and infrastructure.

A mixed bag.

Also clearly “won” via corruption. 

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i do agree and hope this is the last tournament held in the winter in a country with such backwards laws. many will have, but i've not forgotten the debacle about the armband, and the fans being denied entry wearing rainbow colours. a final with copious empty seats was the icing on the cake

the football has been great...why wouldn't it have been? people say that like they're surprised. that was never in doubt.

i'd love to be looking forward to PL restarting, but this stupid winter WC means olsen is going to be facing liverpool and possibly spurs too so i can't even get excited about villa just yet

Yh I wish this World Cup had drunks running around smashing up the city, and shameless people pissing and **** in the streets.

It’s really not a good World Cup without that stuff.

Need to sort out their laws over there before they’re allowed to host any events ever again.

And as for not charging their citizens income tax? What the **** us that about? Backwards scum that wash their arses after taking a shit.  I mean what the **** is wrong with smearing it around with some tissue like we do over here?

I’m totally with you on this one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anybody else think the standard is worse than ever? I don’t think either of these teams are top teams and I also don’t think either of them have beaten a top team to get to the final either.  

It was a fun final because was 2 poor teams. If anything France were a disgrace. They had it in them to win comfortably but only really played twice when Argentina went ahead

Just now, Zatman said:

It was a fun final because was 2 poor teams. If anything France were a disgrace. They had it in them to win comfortably but only really played twice when Argentina went ahead

Not sure how much the virus impacted them first half. Coman and the Real lad who I think should play a lot more added some pace. You could argue it’s been a fun World Cup because standard hasn’t been the greatest. Led to a lot of drama in most games.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure how much the virus impacted them first half. Coman and the Real lad who I think should play a lot more added some pace. You could argue it’s been a fun World Cup because standard hasn’t been the greatest. Led to a lot of drama in most games.

I dont know if Coman has been injured longer but farcical Dembele was starting. He doesn't offer much

Â