Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Thankfully no, I don't think that's even legal.

So 28 days in total... Isn't that about the average? I get 28 including bank holidays as long as I work the full year...

Obviously the actual result of the American presidential elections should be big news, but I'm getting increasingly pissed off about every little debate that the candidates have being front page news in Britain.

Apparently Bernie Sanders and Trump were in New Hampshire yesterday. I don't give a ****.

Mine is weird.

I get 20 days (I think) but if you have 10+ years of working history then you get 26. Included in that 20/26, is 4 days on demand that you can take on the morning of your work, no questions asked.

But we get British bank holidays off and have to work Polish ones (but get a free day somewhere else) because we work entirely with the UK. So I'll get Boxing day off for free and if I work the 6th December, then I'll get a free day somewhere.

I get about six weeks off I think.  I get shit pay though.  We are open bank holidays and I don't mind working them tbh, extra pay, you get the holiday back to use elsewhere and I find bank holidays boring anyway.  I'm a baker so working from home wouldn't really be a good idea unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adw95 said:

So 28 days in total... Isn't that about the average? I get 28 including bank holidays as long as I work the full year...

I'm not sure that's classed as average I thought that was the legal minimum for full time employment over a full year. As I said I'm not exactly claiming I'm hard done by but it seems that quite a few people here are getting a fair bit more than that.

people in the UK in 5 day a week full time employment are entitled to a total of 28 days paid leave per annum

employers can include Bank Holidays in this if they so wish, i.e. you get paid for the 7 or 8 bank holidays in a year, plus another 20 or 21 days the dates of which are to be arranged

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mine is weird.

I get 20 days (I think) but if you have 10+ years of working history then you get 26. Included in that 20/26, is 4 days on demand that you can take on the morning of your work, no questions asked.

But we get British bank holidays off and have to work Polish ones (but get a free day somewhere else) because we work entirely with the UK. So I'll get Boxing day off for free and if I work the 6th December, then I'll get a free day somewhere.

lol, what an incentive that is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm not sure that's classed as average I thought that was the legal minimum for full time employment over a full year. As I said I'm not exactly claiming I'm hard done by but it seems that quite a few people here are getting a fair bit more than that.

Fair enough, was just clarifying.:D

I think my colleagues get more days than me but only perhaps 2 or 3, not totally sure.

On 08/02/2016 at 20:34, Dr_Pangloss said:

That doesn't really follow from any evidence, only anecdotes. Personally I get a lot more done at home as it's a much nicer environment and I'm not getting harassed by time wasters. 

I think in many cases people will be more productive in terms of output per hour. Tasks will be getting completed quicker without the distractions and nonsense of the office, but maybe I'm being overly positive/optimistic. 

I'm far more productive at home, but I am very disciplined with my work. No TV or browsing this forum, its sat at my desk and grafting. I couldn't do it every day though, far too lonely! I'd miss the office banter

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You got in to the swing of that pretty quickly.

Nobody gives a shit that you have functioning reproductive organs, you don't get special treatment because of it.

I was in a team meeting years when the prickly subject of Christmas holidays came up and some people were saying that people with kids should get preference over people without kids. My comment that we should also ensure Christians get priority over other faiths didn't go down to well. I only said it in a jokey way! Some people just have no sense of humour :)

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm far more productive at home, but I am very disciplined with my work. No TV or browsing this forum, its sat at my desk and grafting. I couldn't do it every day though, far too lonely! I'd miss the office banter

Same with me. Working from home is great if ive got a big admin task to do and need to concentrate. I probably wfh about once a fortnight.

I got an extra holiday day this year as its my 5th year with the company, I get another every 5 years. Started with 25 + bank holidays.

I get 29 days plus any carried over (5 this year as I seem to be in a perpetual cycle of carrying holiday over), plus 5 I can buy, plus Bank Holidays.

Some colleagues seem to factor in about 10-20 'sick days' as well on top of that!

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I get 29 days plus any carried over (5 this year as I seem to be in a perpetual cycle of carrying holiday over), plus 5 I can buy, plus Bank Holidays.

Some colleagues seem to factor in about 10-20 'sick days' as well on top of that!

People taking the piss with sick days really pisses me off, especially this bloke who has been pictured on Facebook paintballing and in the local paper playing cricket on his sick days and they did bugger all about it.  Boils my wee, it really does.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People taking the piss with sick days really pisses me off, especially this bloke who has been pictured on Facebook paintballing and in the local paper playing cricket on his sick days and they did bugger all about it.  Boils my wee, it really does.

How do you know their illness isn't something which benefits from outdoor exercise? Not all illnesses are physical.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

How do you know their illness isn't something which benefits from outdoor exercise? Not all illnesses are physical.

The first was supposed to be diarrhoea and the second a migraine, plus he is an absolute massive word removed who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw.  He also openly talks about how many absences he has on his record and when he can next take one without risking his bonus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

The first was supposed to be diarrhoea and the second a migraine, plus he is an absolute massive word removed who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw.  He also openly talks about how many absences he has on his record and when he can next take one without risking his bonus.

Yes in that case I agree :)

"Food and drink giant Nestle has ended its sponsorship of the IAAF, as it fears the doping scandal engulfing the world athletics governing body could damage its reputation."

Wow. When Nestle are stepping back, you know you're screwed. But the absolute cheek of Nestle ffs :D
  • Like 1

Â