Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

British Justice. I note that some fraudsters from Wolverhampton received a sentence of 5.5 years for fiddling HMRC (well the ringleader did) over a diesel fuel scam. However, a  piece of  excrement who ploughed into 2 little girls in Handsworth , killing them both, gets 4 years. Hmmm.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The fact that a company like Nestle, who provides consumers with extremely unhealthy, sugar rich products, were sponsoring the IAAF, is hilarious in itself. 

It's more about the moderation than the product surely ?

• Like 1

Nestle Boycott

.... Save the Children argue that the promotion of infant formula over breastfeeding has led to health problems and deaths among infants in less economically developed countries

In May 1999 a ruling against Nestlé was issued by the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). Nestlé claimed in an anti-boycott advertisement that it markets infant formula “ethically and responsibly”. The ASA found that Nestlé could not support this nor other claims in the face of evidence provided by the campaigning group Baby Milk Action

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It's more about the moderation than the product surely ?

Why would a company, whereby most of their product portfolio require significant moderation (for health reasons) from consumers, be a good fit as a sponsor for the IAAF? Obviously the IAAF just want the cash, but still...

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Why would a company, whereby most of their product portfolio require significant moderation (for health reasons) from consumers, be a good fit as a sponsor for the IAAF? Obviously the IAAF just want the cash, but still...

Athletics isn't just about running fast around a track whilst taking drugs you know  .... maybe shot putters  bulk out on Quality Street :)

Nestlé's most famous product is arguably the Kit Kat , which was staple diet for athletes for years until some sports nutritionist decided they should all be eating banana's instead

Federer dominated men's tennis on a pre-match ritual of a bottle of Pepsi and a Kit Kat  ( he may even still do this )

Athletics isn't just about running fast around a track whilst taking drugs you know  .... maybe shot putters  bulk out on Quality Street

article-0-0272CD2C00000578-701_468x286.j

did somebody say quality tweet?

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I must have missed the 'kit-kat' diet. I think the copious amount of proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats are more of a staple diet for athletes.

Surely you've heard of Usain Bolt and his love of chicken nuggets ?  Ryan Lochte famously ate McDonalds excessively and won 4 gold's in the same Beijing Olympics as well

here's a picture from the Olympics Athletes village  in London 2012 .. ( they are the Athletes not spectators )

mac14n-3-web_crop_north.jpg

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I must have missed the 'kit-kat' diet. I think the copious amount of proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats are more of a staple diet for athletes.

The only pounds I've lost from Kit Kats is when they get stuck in the vending machine at work and I lose my money.  God knows what it is about them that make them so prone to getting stuck.  I should really learn not to buy them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The only pounds I've lost from Kit Kats is when they get stuck in the vending machine at work and I lose my money.  God knows what it is about them that make them so prone to getting stuck.  I should really learn not to buy them.

I went to one of my clients the other week and they have a vending machine and as I walked post my eagle eyes noted  a Kit Kat hanging over the edge of the ledge thingy so I figured it was worth the gamble and inserted some money typed in E4 and low and behold 2 kit kats for the price of one ... my son was so proud of me when I told him later that evening when I got home *

* previous vending machine relate story and free chocolate

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Motorcyclists with cameras on their helmet who upload videos to youtube. 

these militants have to show everyone their superiority when someone pulls out at  a junction on them as they fly along at 50 in a 30 zone

I'm actually curious about this type of footage that goes viral .. I mean Ronnie Pickering presumably didn't consent to be humiliated by the internet, could he sue the owner of the video who posted it  without his consent  ? The  data protection doesn't protect you from an individual (I think)  but what about all the newspapers , social media sites that hosted and shared it  .. what about article 8 of  the European Convention of Human rights ?

when you have a road rage attack do you now have to shout "I don't give consent for this to be put in the public domain" before you go postal on some blokes head ?

Edited by tonyh29

Having to buy a new phone and laptop. Both are on their last legs and need replacing. The whole looking for new ones pisses me off. I'd rather my current ones just work properly.I haven't got the patience to look into what the best offers are etc

I've only changed phone once in the last 6 years and my laptop is a good 5 years old

• Like 1

Â