Rino8

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Who on earth are they going to show on TV in the next round if Liverpool are out?!

Well, it's the law that ManU have to be on telly. So them. There must be other red teams that can sub-in for the Scousers? All hope isn't lost yet.

I think part of it is because when he was going through a bad patch here he still had the support and admiration of the whole club because compared to most of the duffers in the squad he was a God amongst men and we had the whole team set up to get the best from him. Now he's just another cog and not the big cheese and he was met with skepticism when first arriving and is being slated. Should never have gone.

If we had benteke and Garde from the start of the season we'd be about 11th now.

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think part of it is because when he was going through a bad patch here he still had the support and admiration of the whole club because compared to most of the duffers in the squad he was a God amongst men and we had the whole team set up to get the best from him. Now he's just another cog and not the big cheese and he was met with skepticism when first arriving and is being slated. Should never have gone.

If we had benteke and Garde from the start of the season we'd be about 11th now.

If we're honest he was too good for us, we are utter tripe and on a steady downward slide over a period of several years without any kind of realistic hope things are going to change... He had to move.

Saying that he is good enough for a side in the middle third of the table easily. Liverpool have just been a poor fit for him and It hasn't worked out. He could go to another Everton / West Ham / Southampton type team who are holding similar positions to Liverpool and be a huge success.

We are guaranteed to get them in the early rounds of the league cup next season aren't we? Daniel Sturridge injured himself in the post match interview and will be out until we have to play them again. 

• Like 1

Started a new job yesterday and one of the guy's in our team is a Liverpool fan (and a Scouser to boot). He's a decent guy but this always happens to me. I remember I started a part-time job when I was doing in my Masters degree in 14/15 and my boss was a Leyton Orient fan, just weeks after they'd knocked us out of the cup. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, villanwesty88 said:

If Liverpool win the Europa League then do we have 5 Champions League sides from England? Or do Liverpool steal the 4th Champions League place. Still not quite got my head around it. 

5 teams will go through, Spain had 5 this season

• Like 1

So if i am reading that correct, 

A possibility could be that Utd finish 4th in the prem, However if city win Champs league then they will supersede Utds place in next seasons competition? 

Ouch!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, choffer said:

Black armbands again tonight? Who for now?

(I was trying to find a trite sarcastic response as I usually do, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it in this instance.)

It was for the 27th anniversary of The Hillsborough Disaster which is today.

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

(I was trying to find a trite sarcastic response as I usually do, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it in this instance.)

It was for the 27th anniversary of The Hillsborough Disaster which is today.

Wasn't intended as a question with an edge. I tuned in late so wondered why.

Â