Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Can't blame him too much tbh he's been getting a lot of abuse from the 'fans' on social media for god knows how long. Thought he played well today, look more dangerous with him up-front then Kozak or Gestede.

It's social media. As an adult he should have enough about him to know that not all Villa fans are abusive idiots. I found his attitude incredibly disrespectful. I took it personally.

That said, vintage Gabby today. Massive congratulations and a big thank you. Now more of that please.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, imavillan said:

for so many people on here the guy just cant win can he?

he doesn't care, he's not fit, he doesn't score etc etc etc etc....and now when he does score he doesn't bloody celebrate....unbelievable....

from what i can see nobody is slating him for not celebrating. Its just an observation. I was as chuffed as anyone when he scored. 

My only annoyance was that he scored second and not first...I had £100 coming my way else ;)

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Man of the match, excellent, based on this you have to question why Garde hasn't picked him sooner.

You serious? Over Okore and Gueye?  Gabby was good today but no were near motm

• Like 1

Looked knackered last 20 minutes, would have been nice to have been able to replace him.

I think he's more effective than Ayew in the lone forward role, maybe it's down to Ayew covering, what seems to be a lot more ground , which drags him out of position more .

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You serious? Over Okore and Gueye?  Gabby was good today but no were near motm

I thought so too, Gueye was instrumental everywhere and Okore was brave on and off the ball despite being out of position a couple of times.

I felt Gabby had an influential game, capped with a goal but he didn't offer much in attack with many single runs rather than continually testing the back line and our midfields vision. But it's Gabby, for Gabby he had a good game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's social media. As an adult he should have enough about him to know that not all Villa fans are abusive idiots. I found his attitude incredibly disrespectful. I took it personally.

That said, vintage Gabby today. Massive congratulations and a big thank you. Now more of that please.

grow up.....oh and which way is the wind blowing?

Haven't seen the game, but about time too. He owes the club a performance or two as one of the best paid players at the club, and he has been mediocre for way too long. Being over weight is also unprofessional so the abuse he has had is deserved in his line of work - it comes with the territory.

But I welcome his performance and long may it continue, but this is how it should be Gabby, every week on your money.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

from what i can see nobody is slating him for not celebrating. Its just an observation. I was as chuffed as anyone when he scored. 

My only annoyance was that he scored second and not first...I had £100 coming my way else ;)

sorry you didnt win a ton....but come read again.......he could score a perfect hat trick against the shits and something would be wrong

Gabby did good in the second half certainly and should be praised for it. However he still doesn't show a presence up front as much as he should be, the first half he was static wanting balls into feet that were impossible to find him with. He doesn't give midfielders options to use his pace, he never, ever spins off defenders to do it. He got the goal fair play and all but let's not pretend a lot of the criticism he got hasn't been deserved. Nowhere near as good as Gueye or Okore too either.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Look out for his video  interview on twitter I don't know how to link it on here 

Asked about leaving he says the papers just like to chat shit :D ..might not be on MOTD 

On sky, They apologised after but he definitely said the papers chatted shit! Fair f***s to him.

I give him pelters all the time but worked his nuts off today and ran the channels really well. Scored a cracking goal although Ruddy did have a touch of the Guzan about him, So well done today and keep it up.

Don't personally give a shit if any of them celebrate as long as they earn their wages which thankfully since Remi has been here appears to be happening.

54 minutes ago, imavillan said:

for so many people on here the guy just cant win can he?

he doesn't care, he's not fit, he doesn't score etc etc etc etc....and now when he does score he doesn't bloody celebrate....unbelievable....

Well, that's because his apparent lack of fitness has been worthy of criticism, his scoring record has been worthy of criticism, his overall play have been worthy of criticism, and a clear snub to his own fans is worthy of criticism.

They are different things, at different times, treated as such.

What is odd about that ?

Good goal and good second half today, fair first half.....and has been largely praised for all that. It aslo highlighted exactly what fans and manager feel is a not unreasonable performance, of which he has produced few for a long time. Hopefully he's turned a corner, and if he has, he will be delighted to discover most the negative stuff will just vanish.

Also greatly helped by the opening up of the game second half, certainly easier for him when we actually go in front for a change. Probably one for the critics to bear in mind, a player of his type always going to cause more damage with space on the pitch, and he's had little of that to work with.

Â