Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

12 minutes ago, penguin said:

Can't blame him too much tbh he's been getting a lot of abuse from the 'fans' on social media for god knows how long. Thought he played well today, look more dangerous with him up-front then Kozak or Gestede.

But that doesn't mean ALL fans at the ground today do that. A lot will admire him and worship him. Shows how stupid he is if he cannot separate the two.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nah, having seen the abuse our players get on social media I have a hard time blaming them to be honest. 

So every single fan there today was abusing him? The 6/7 year olds who idolise him? Nah sorry. He's a dick.

Good performance. But a dick.

• Like 1

Just now, DK82 said:

He took it on on fans at the ground, not on social media.

And I said, I don't blame him. He gets plenty of abuse off fans. I very clearly didn't say every single person at the ground had abused him on social media. 

9 minutes ago, DK82 said:

So every single fan there today was abusing him? The 6/7 year olds who idolise him? Nah sorry. He's a dick.

Good performance. But a dick.

No-one is saying this, you appear to have blown the whole situation into something it's not. All that's been said is it's understandable he didn't feel the urge to celebrate with the fans after the amount of abuse he's received. No-one has said he hates all Villa fans or vice versa or whatever else you want to create, just that the mindset is understandable.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

And I said, I don't blame him. He gets plenty of abuse off fans. I very clearly didn't say every single person at the ground had abused him on social media. 

He should block those on social media and celebrate with the fans at the ground. It's a massive chip he carries and probably hinders his performance.

I give him a lot of criticism so credit where it's due, he really was brilliant today. What made it even better was that he was up on his own so he really had to run at everything. I'm not going to get to far ahead though, I'm sure you all know Gabby will have his 1 fantastic performance then usually disappear again. If he can keep this up over the next weeks then fair enough. 

Garde maybe has got many things right but he was wrong to discard Gabby. I know he's underperformed but still a better option than Gestede and Kozak

Gabby's been injured for most of the time Garde has been here.

• Like 1

Did much better, good on him.

His work rate was better today and went notably up after he scored, classic striker syndrome :D

I should know, I was very much like that when I played.

for so many people on here the guy just cant win can he?

he doesn't care, he's not fit, he doesn't score etc etc etc etc....and now when he does score he doesn't bloody celebrate....unbelievable....

Â