Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

Well wouldn't be a Villa summer without one of our summer signings picking up an injury straight away.

I just see Crespo as a squad player so hopefully it's not too bad but we can survive as we have loads of options to play RB.

Edited by VillaChris

• 4 weeks later...

lol only 13 pages. He must be the most low key signing ever.

Whens he back? Where will he fit in? I know he can play CB.. Wonder if he can play right back on a permanent basis for us.

Edited by KSV

I have a suspicion he may have an important role to play a bit further on in the season. 

I have doubts about both Hutton and Bacuna at rb and I think Crespo had a great season last year in La Liga.

have you seen much of him? if so, can you tell me his strengths/weaknesses etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Was he any good?

Terrible positioning for the goal but he was playing on the right of a back 3 in the first half and was then switched to the left side of a back 2 and it was his debut so would be inclined to cut him some slack. Was Ok apart from the goal

• Like 3

He wasnt bad, more comfortable on the ball than I expected. nice beard

we havent really had much luck with Spanish defenders in Cuellar and Luna so if he better than both of them wold be a good start

Looked very comfortable and assured on the ball. A difficult début having to play in a pressure game at home in 2 different defensive formations. As has been said, his positioning looked off, but difficult to tell if that's a personal weakness or a result of other factors. Didn't look commanding / physical enough to be a typical prem CB, but then didn't look entirely lost or out of place. 

Was surprised to see his name on the team sheet though!

Â